Killjoy's Psycho Circus Reviews

• Aug 30, 2018

if you like bad movies that are gory its for you.

if you like bad movies that are gory its for you.

• Jan 09, 2017

The psychotic demon clown Killjoy escaped from Hell in the previous film, so Lucifer gets demoted for incompetence for letting him escape. Lucifer strikes a deal so he can have his leadership position of Hell back if he can bring Killjoy back. In the meantime, Killjoy is running an underground TV talkshow with his usual crew except for an imposter Batty Boop. Lucifer then uses the real Batty Boop to trap Killjoy. Outside of the recent installments of Puppet Master, I haven't been all that impressed with the recent output by Full Moon Features. Most of their recent films seem to focus on a single concept, like a killer gingerbread man voiced by Gary Busey, or an evil bong voiced by Tommy Chong, or a serial killer targeting scream queens, and then don't worry about anything else. However, this series of films did take the time to develop characters and relationships and that greatly helped this series maintain momentum. You also have a better than average performance for a low budget horror film by Trent Haaga as Killjoy, who's played the part since the second film and who is really fun to watch onscreen. Also, John Lechago has been writing and directing this series since the third film, which has also helped to maintain a consistent tone. Now don't get me wrong. This is by no means a Robert Altman level of character driven story or intelligence, but compared to your typical Lloyd Kaufman film this one does have more interesting of characters, better humor, and better special effects. Also, I don't know that I'd actually recommend this film to anyone who isn't already a fan of cheesy low budget horror films along the lines of what Troma or Full Moon put out, but if you are a fan, you should checkout this series.