King Jack Reviews

• May 10, 2020

Touching, well acted & better-than-usual coming of age flick.

Touching, well acted & better-than-usual coming of age flick.

• Apr 20, 2020

One of my favorites.

One of my favorites.

• Jun 05, 2019

Great film! Just exquisite and heartwarming and beautiful. I was with Jack every step of the way. Best movie I've seen about bullying, most true to life.

• Mar 10, 2019

King Jack is somewhat methodical in its approach to teenage struggles, yet it drives home its message with such uncompromising rawness that it cannot (and should not) be ignored.

• Nov 15, 2018

Charlie Plummer really owns this movie. Excellent.

Charlie Plummer really owns this movie. Excellent.

• Aug 16, 2018

kenakalan remaja, biasalah tapi gua demen jalan ceritanya yang begitu simple

kenakalan remaja, biasalah tapi gua demen jalan ceritanya yang begitu simple

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Jan 31, 2018

Following the unexpected success of Winter's Bone in 2010, these dark, modern, noirish type films have been all the rage in Hollywood. In fact, these types of films have come to define the 2010 generation of film. Mostly set in rural areas, focusing on the lives of less fortunate people, these films tend to focus on some life defining moment. King Jack certaintly fits this model, and much like Winter's Bone, it is also a coming of age story. Jack (Charlie Plummer) is an angry fifteen year old, who has been bullied his whole life and acts out by getting in trouble. After a family issue, his younger cousin Ben (Cory Nichols) is forced to stay with Jack and his family. At first Jack is upset to be saddled with his naive younger relative, until he comes to realize they're in the same boat, and in Ben he may have found a potential ally. I understand that the premise of the movie is that Jack is a bullied kid, befriends another bullied kid, and all of a sudden their lives don't suck as much anymore, except that they do. Just because they found each other doesn't mean the bullies have gone or that their family situations will necessarily be any better, so what was the point? Watching this film, was simply watching a couple of teenagers hang out in a bad neighborhood, waiting for something substantial to happen. A few events happen here and there, but nothing life altering, and certainly nothing to base a film off of. To be honest, the whole thing was kind of boring. In general, I love this new style of film making, but when it came to King Jack, there were a couple of crude jokes, some anti-climatic scenes, and just a whole lot of nothing going on.

• Apr 08, 2017

THEY SHOULD MAKE A SECOND ONE IVE ALREADY WATCHED IT 3 TIMES AND I LOVED IT

THEY SHOULD MAKE A SECOND ONE IVE ALREADY WATCHED IT 3 TIMES AND I LOVED IT

• Mar 27, 2017

Well acted and very effective little powerhouse of a film.

Well acted and very effective little powerhouse of a film.

• Mar 09, 2017

As far as coming of age movies this comes off as truthful. Seems very close to actual events I have experienced at that age. Love this movie.