King of Fighters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King of Fighters Reviews

January 7, 2016
Cast very good, story interesting, directing suffers. But not sure why Maggie Q takes on some projects, as she is a much better actress. Seems many of the role she is offered are not good enough for her skills. The cast is good, story interesting, but think the script and directing causes this cast to get lost, certainly not the actors.
½ April 26, 2015
Wait... this wasn't done by Uwe Boll? Looks like we have a new contender in the "let's make a really bad film adaptation of a video game property and have it not have much to do with the original material at all" category.
It does manage some ok fight choreography from time to time but can we please stop making really bad adaptations of video games? How is it that a multi billion dollar industry can look so bad on film???
If you enjoyed Street Fighter, Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li, DOA, etc. etc. then this is right up your alley.
Fans of the video game and quality action films are warned to stay far away from this one.
½ October 13, 2014
i love the game so much, hate the movie SOOOO WAYYY MORE MUCH
½ July 28, 2014
This is just comically bad.
½ June 28, 2014
Interesting twist using the cyber world. Enjoyed it
April 28, 2014
As a huge fan of Gordon Chan's HK work, I was hoping one of my fav games/animes would be in the hands of someone that could do it justice. In the end, we are left with a product that feels like an extended TV movie from the 90's with boring fights, boring characters and boring bored bores of boringness...
April 27, 2014
This... is the worst movie to ever claim to be based on a video game. No one should ever see it if they know anything about KOF. The creators should be tied to a mast & flogged, along with everyone involved in its production.
March 15, 2014
Maggie Q and a few other people get put into a martial arts contest based on the video game. I wanted to like this, but it was just terrible. Felt incredibly cheap and made-for-tv. The dialogue is terrible, the fights aren't that good, just everything felt underwhelming.
February 22, 2014
Horrible. The story makes little sense - maybe if I played the video game it would be comprehendible. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed and there are too few of them for a movie with this title. No character development to go with loosely formed characters. Waste of time except for having the lovely and talented Maggie Q in it.
November 30, 2013
It was weird and kind if stupid I love action movies but the only good part about it was Sean Faris.
½ October 7, 2013
so bad... so awful. even if you've never p l played the game it's based off of, its just so bad... almost to the point of insulting. but on a plus note, just thinking of how bad this movie was gives me a good laugh so there is that :)
September 1, 2013
never knew that king of fighters can sound that bad
½ August 21, 2013
King of Fighters or King of Freaks?Mr.Gordon Chan,I knew you are not like this and Bernice Liu,what are you doing here?You should miss the flights and concentrate your series or take some rest,instead.

There is some good act and accepted plot but jeez,it's pathetically done.I couldn't finish the film,frankly speaking.

Totally a waste of energy and a messy game adapted film,just stick with the game or go for the anime "KOF:Another Day",much better.
½ July 18, 2013
Yet another semi-classic video game from the nineties is butchered in to yet another lazily made film
May 14, 2013
dreadful, abysmal insult to KOF fans. GORDON CHAN, keep your grubby little hands off the SNK classics.
May 6, 2013
Una triste y ridícula "adaptación" de un gran videojuego; donde la trama, escenas y actuaciones están muy por debajo incluso del nivel de exigencia de cualquier capitulo de los Power Rangers. La única cercanía con el material original son algunos nombres y vestimentas. Los orígenes y motivos de los personajes nunca se terminan de establecer, aunado a reacciones y situaciones incoherentes o absurdas. Y, aun después de todo lo anterior, las escenas de acción son aun peor.
½ May 5, 2013
How to explain this movie. I know nothing about King of Fighters, but I have seen the characters a few times and I had to google the game to see who each character was supposed to be. Unlike other movies based on videogames, cartoons, whatever, where they attempt to make the characters look somewhat like the source material, this does not.

Turns out the main girl is supposed to be the girl who is practically falling out of her chinese dress. Some CIA agent is the long blonde haired baseball cap guy (no long hair...but they put a cap on him for about 0.5 seconds in the movie)

I was expecting a movie like Tekken (decent/easy plot, everyone looks like they're in cosplay), but all I can say is, "what is this?!"
½ February 5, 2013
Tenía MUCHAS ganas de verla, y cuando finalmente la vi, me quedé: O.O Que pedazo de...
½ February 4, 2013
I want to see this but like all other movies based on video games (aside from Silent Hill, Max Payne, and the 1st Mortal Kombat) I will not hold my breath with anticipation.
December 31, 2012