King of the Lost World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King of the Lost World Reviews

January 4, 2013
one of the worst movie ever made ! there no score for this movie
May 13, 2012
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle must be rolling over in his grave.
½ May 6, 2012
It's a movie that only gets good when it involves the natives. And its kind of sad when the only interesting part I have is seeing Amanda Ward's breasts, and the hot native girls.
½ April 9, 2012
Wow this was definitely the worst B movie i've seen in a while.
½ March 21, 2012
Terrible editing and characters. The film tries to be a rip off of King Kong while being an adaption of The Lost World, in the end it doesn't succeed with anything. The characters are horrible, the CGI is awful, and the ending is boring. The natives have some of the finest looking hair I've seen in any jungle film. One of the biggest piece of trash from The Asylum.
January 28, 2012
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle must be rolling over in his grave.
½ July 30, 2011
A collection of people with remarkably good teeth get together. With the ability to repeat scripted lines with about as much zest as a guy mumbling in his sleep, they embark upon a quest: to find the one, true script that was written by a three year old. Such is the tale of The King of the Lost World, a film worth nothing more than missing.
½ July 8, 2011
This movie sucks nuts.
½ April 9, 2011
For a movie based on a book that inspired: Jurassic Park, King Kong, and the Lost World, This is pathetic.
½ September 27, 2010
Ca se voudrait un hommage au "Monde perdu" de Sir Conan Doyle mais ce n'est qu'une infecte série Z parmi les plus mal branlées qu'il m'ait jamais été donné de subir. Misérable dans toutes ses dimensions, lamentablement interprété par une bande de tâcherons de la pire espèce...sans parler du clou du spectacle : un gorille géant même pas aussi réussi que le King Kong de 1933 et qui apparaît trois malheureuses minutes montre en main à l'écran. Je ne saurais vous dire si ces émules de "Lost" à la petite semaine finissent par s'en tirer, j'ai abandonné le supplice bien avant son terme.
August 23, 2010
Still haven't seen the end. Saw the beginning to middle twice!
June 15, 2010
The Asylum Company does its usual trick of ripping off the latest big blockbuster film to be in cinemas; in this case it's 2005's King Kong. They have made a fortune into tricking people to buy their crappy version thinking that it is the blockbuster that's in cinemas or will be like it. You have to give them credit for the idea but the films are usually terrible.

King of the Lost World is no different. It has awful effects that amount to no more than a few blurry pixels flying across your screen. The acting is surprisingly good and there are a few interesting concepts in the film that are unfortunately not taken advantage off. Just like in King Kong we get a mish mash of strange creatures such as giant spiders and scorpions but the CGI is so poor that it takes away all aspects of suspense. The aforementioned King of the Lost World is obviously a giant gorilla that is on screen for all of thirty seconds which ironically turns out to be a good thing given how terrible it looks. The ending is hilarious, as are the native tribe people who look like they stumbled out of a college party. I have to admit though it was all mildly entertaining in a strange sort of way.

I would only recommend it to fans of B- movie schlock.
½ August 29, 2009
I didn't think this one was that bad and I thought the F-X although average were still pretty effective. The acting was so-so.
April 27, 2009
The Asylum company does it's usual trick of ripping off the latest big blockbuster film to be in cinema's, in this case it's 2005's King Kong. They have made a fortune into tricking people to buy their crappy version thinking that it is the blockbuster that's in cinema's or will be like it. You have to give them credit for the idea but the films are usually terrible.

King of the Lost World is no different. It has awful effects that amount to no more than a few blurry pixels flying across your screen. The acting is surprisingly good and there are a few interesting concepts in the film that are unfortunately not taken advantage off. Just like in King Kong we get a mish mash of strange creatures such as giant spiders and scorpions but the CGI is so poor that it takes away all aspects of suspense. The aforementioned King of the Lost World is obviously a giant gorilla that is on screen for all of thirty seconds which ironically turns out to be a good thing given how terrible it looks. The ending is hilarious, as the are the native tribe people who look like they stumbled out of a college party. I have to admit though it was all mildly entertaining in a strange sort of way.

I would only recommend it to fans of B- movie schlock.
½ December 13, 2008
Asylum Pictures to copies off every Scifi and horror movie that comes out in theaters. FUCKING IDIOTS. Do they think they can do a better job at making them? This company needs to be shut down ,but people need comedy. This company is slowly killing the film industry. No offense to people who enjoy this company's works.
November 22, 2008
I thought that it was a kind of weird little story, since it was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle I had to watch it, I think that the book is probably pretty good and tense, but the film, not so much, the budget for the special effects wasn't existent and that really hurt it, but it appears that J.J. Abrams watched this/read the book to figure out Lost (and since Lost started before this came out, probably read it) but it seems like he borrowed a lot.
June 22, 2008
I have never seen a film with such a decopage of trite sci-fi/horror cliches. Great! You must turn the sound down, though, to prevent loss of IQ points. :)
½ May 27, 2008
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle must be rolling over in his grave. This HORRIBLE alleged retelling of Doyle's classic story is full of horrible actiing, bargain basement computer animation and inept writing. How has Bruce Boxleitner fallen to have to do crap like this???
May 16, 2008
This movie was quite crappy even for B-grade standards, however, there was something quite entertaining about it. It certainly wasn't the crappy CG monkey thing, that was extremely shitty.The plane crash in the beginning was actually pretty cool, but that's about it. I think there were some hot chicks in it, but I can't remember, lol
½ April 12, 2008
This movie was alright in parts.