King of Triads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King of Triads Reviews

½ December 16, 2014
Plenty of action and fighting but the story is so crap and so were some of the acting! Can skip this movie
½ December 2, 2012
The martial arts scenes were decent. But my god, the "story line" was terrible. It's one of those films that you wish you never watched.
½ May 9, 2012
Some cool action sequences, but nothing great.
April 28, 2012
Dennis law es el director de esta pelicula y desde el principio la maneja como un rompecabezas donde las piezas aparecen en un orden muy extranio

A fin de cuentas esta muesrra del cine neohongkones es un experimento entretenido aunque la trama parezca estar incompleta mas que nada por que a diferencia de otros directores Dennis law esta contento con mantener un flujo de excenas que se suceden una tras otra mas que el flujo de la trama de la pelicula global.

A fin de cuentas es una historia de traicion y deseo y venganza y no deja opcion para que la trama resulte verdaderamente lo que te lleve a la pelicula, las escenas de accion (algunas de las cuales son totalmente
superfluas a la trama) estan bien realizadas y con un estilo particular que Hong Kong esta manejando que yo llamaria "Casi realista" donde los protagonistas ya no vuelan 20 metros por 15 segundos pero de todos modos vuelan un poco mas de lo que normalmente brincaria alguien.

entretenida si te gustan las peliculas de artes marciales.
½ March 13, 2012
Couldn't finish the movie. Just skipped straight to the end. Bernice Liu's the only thing worth watching in this piece of shit.
deano
October 5, 2011
Dennis Law's gangland action isn't bad and the storyline filled with blood, betrayal and glowering badasses only ups the ante. I was surprised to see Audrey (Bernice Liu) transformed from family good girl to tough-as-nails female fighter.
Simon Yam is listed as the star of this movie, but it really is Andy On. He has developed into a genuinely skilled martial artist with a tough guy attitude and he has plenty of scenes in this movie to show it off. I like the mysterious mute girl, Dumby played by Lu Zia Jiany who beats several gangsters and bodyguards by herself.
October 5, 2011
January 30, 2011
Average Chinese crime film with some great old school choreographed fight scenes.
December 29, 2010
I'ts not that great though it has some good martial arts. The story, forget about it.
December 14, 2010
Hong Kong Cinema is still alive. If you like the old films, you should like this one. Some old stars [Yam] and some new ones [Liu]. Downbeat ending just like in the 80's and 90's. The action is pretty cool and some cool heroes and villains.
½ December 13, 2010
Don't expect a good piece of fight choreography.
When I started to watch Bad Blood movie I expected to see a really cool fighting action, but...

At the beginning when the titles started I noticed a really catchy music which reminded me good Hollywood western and brought some feelings of emptiness and searching of the way of self improvement. Not so bad start with police-criminal race catch me, product placement of FedEx (but for some reason it was RedEx designed under FexEd corporate style), pair of friends-lovers who were testing their fighting skills in the dangerous criminal street helping ordinary people escape from troubles.

And there we can see Jiang Lui Xia (female star of Coweb and upcoming True Legend) doing all the ass-kicking stuff, but it looks not so catchy as it could be. I sure she is very good and has a lot of potential but probable fight choreographer was in not so good mood for real kick-ass action and made fairly good choreography. Fighting scene on the top of container looks really weak and this reminded me Merantau movie with Iko Uwais who made this in perfect way - tough, rapid and clear enough to show... more on budomate dot com
November 10, 2010
Pros: The ending was so absurd I LOL'ed.
Cons: Bad Blood isn't totally unwatchable, but it's pretty close. The plot is stupider than your average stupid HK triad kung fu flick. The action scenes are entertaining (if only for the stunt work), but aren't memorable.
October 19, 2010
It will always remain true for Asian cinema that even if the story sucks, the action will usually be pretty nifty (except for Princess Blade). Speak of the devil, here comes Bad Blood! But wait, before you go thinking this is just another excuse for fight scenes, I'm here to tell you that what actually happens in the movie is so ridiculous and trashy that watching the epileptic plot unfold is like opening a really crappy present to find there's actually a halfway cool present hidden inside.

Oh man, where do I even start? Barring a flow chart, a shady criminal patriarch is executed for counterfeiting (Really? Wow.) and his Jerry Springer-esque family is jonesing for the whole control pie and not just a piece. There's the awkwardly incestual brother and sister (the sickeningly gorgeous Bernice Liu), hot-tempered underboss Funky (the always great Simon Yam) and black sheep and big-birthmarked Calf (Andy On) and his mute gal pal Dumby (only in China, folks). There's plenty more in the family and rest assured, they're all jerks.

Before the dead boss's will can be carried out, family members start getting whacked faster than anyone can say "where the hell is this going?" You're actually supposed to be in the dark about who the bad bad killer is until the reveal, but there's a scene involving the death of one of the family members that pretty much gives you the identity of the killer way before the reveal. It's almost like the filmmakers are saying "Ah, never mind. Here's the real killer. Enjoy. You're welcome. Don't tell the real idiots about this."

So that's the basic plot. Find the killer before everyone's dust. Kind of. Turns out Calf and especially Dumby are handy with kung fu. Huh. Actually everyone here knows kung fu, even the old pervert Brother Zen (Wai-Man Chan), who looks like the Chinese version of Whispers from Hoodlum. The person you think is the real bad guy is so far off from being the killer it's almost an insult to you when they're dispatched like a chump. Suet Lam shows up for five seconds playing the family attorney. Characters get detailed backstories then get killed awkwardly. Family members spout off gems before getting offed, like "I should have killed you when you were a child!"

Eventually, you're left to root for no one except the fight coreographer and his stunt team. Well, that's not true. There is one character who emerges to save the day. But that develops so late in the game and the ending is such a flick in the nuts that you pretty much have no choice but to smile and say "Well, I guess that's the only way they could really end it."

Was it? Was it really?

Director Dennis Law is also responsible for Womb Ghosts. The answers to your questions after seeing that title are "Yes" and "Soon."

lMC
August 24, 2010
Entertaining B movie with a nice cast. Bernice Liu shows a nice potential.
August 17, 2010
Compilation of bad HK gangster and fighting cliches made worse by fake fighting from female lead.
skactopus
March 22, 2010
Dennis Law's Hong Kong action thriller, Bad Blood, comes through with the action.At just under 90 minutes, Bad Blood plays out like a typical Hong Kong crime thriller, except there is martial arts instead of bullet ballets. As for the story, it doesn't seem all that great at first, but gradually it and the characters become more interesting as things unravel.A flurry of action sequences light up the screen and the martial arts choreography is impressive. The sound effects, while not the greatest, successfully give impact to the hits. Fans of martial arts will not be disappointed with a lot of the real time butt whooping that takes place.While Simon Yam is the veteran to this type of film, along with some of the other supporting cast members, it is Bernice Liu that surprises with her change of persona, as she puts the film on her shoulders. Andy On, Luxia Jiang, Xin Xin Xiong, and even Bernice Liu deliver on the action.Bad Blood isn't groundbreaking in anyway. It is just an entertaining piece of work from Dennis Law.