Kingdom of Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kingdom of Heaven Reviews

½ February 24, 2016
Kingdom of Heaven is sloppy and has plenty of problems, but still manages to be big and epic.
February 21, 2016
I recommend you to see the director's cut version of the film it is much better
February 13, 2016
Ridley Scott is the most inconsistent and overrated director in cinema. He typically creates masterpieces or weak efforts. However, he has made a number of great movies and this is one of them. His great films include Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. His weaker efforts include Prometheus, 1492 and Black Hawk Down.

Kingdom Of Heaven could have been one of the greatest epics in cinema. However, it is missing a certain element of depth that is present in Gladiator. Orlando Bloom is fine, but lacks the strong lead capability that Russell Crowe brought to Gladiator. Ed Norton's character of the leper king is the stuff of legend, and largely establishes the overall film's "epic" feel.

Recommended viewing for history buffs as an account of the 12th century Crusades.
February 10, 2016
Great to see this flick again. When I first saw it when it came out, I didn't realize how many now familiar faces were in it. I still think that Ed Norton was a strange pick for King Baldwin.
January 18, 2016
Okish historical epic during the crusades of the 12th century.
November 12, 2015
A pretty well realised movie on this dark ages that were the Crusades & all the absurdities they engaged. Even if sometimes Bloom seems little expressive, the rest of the cast is well on place (special mention to Norton & Green amazing as always & Massoud greatly interpreting Saladin), the images are nice and even if it doesn't feel as epic as a LOTRO 3 or Gladiator, its message of peace & tolerance makes it a cool movie to watch (but not the best nor the most must-see of R.Scott).
½ November 10, 2015
Directors cut gives more depth than the theatrical cut
November 8, 2015
I loved this movie!!! All those people who gave this movie low stars don't know how to rate movies. Period. This movie deserves at least 4 1/2 stars!
November 7, 2015
A wonderfully (finally) idealized view of the Knight we'd all like to believe truly existed (but seldom really did). But, and this is a big but, if your rent or purchase the DVD, make absolutely sure that it is the Director's Cut you're watching. The editing on the wide-release version is ridiculous. All in all, this movie was excellent in casting, plot, dialogue, and action scenes.
November 1, 2015
The director's cut is the version to see.
½ October 29, 2015
¢,¦¢,¦,¢,¦¢,¦â¦
½ October 27, 2015
Director's Cut is the only version anyone should see. only reason i didnt give it a full five stars is because of 3 reasons. first orlando bloom is not the ideal leading man material for this sort of film. there are two ways to have a great protagonist. either get a really great gravitas actor or write the character really well. the directors cut does this in the latter fashion really well and makes up for any shortcomings of Orlando. plus he makes a great onscreen match for Eva green.the second reason is the antagonists in the film are slightly one dimensional and I would have liked to see the depth and detail given to the protagonists to them as well. the third reason why this film doesn't get a full rating is a small pet peve of mine and that is the fact that a horse survives a shipwreck. its stupid. I wasn't the biggest fan of gladiator, but loved this movie. Amazing cast with a story that resonates more today, Ridley Scott's best film
October 10, 2015
Featuring epic, beautifully crafted battle sequences and added depth to its characters, Ridley Scott's director's cut is a clear improvement upon the film's original theatrical release.
½ October 7, 2015
Despite some intriguing themes and a set of impressive full-blooded battle scenes, Kingdom of Heaven's befuddled narrative and a weak protagonist dilute the story's impact.
October 5, 2015
The critics couldn't have buttered their own popcorn more on this one if they tried........Lacked depth? A stellar Cast. Fantastic directing, beautiful backdrops and to be sure fairly decent acting. Historically accurate? No, I don't think that's what they were going for, but you'll definitely see and hear some of the best heroic action sequences in the past 10 years in film.

Balian Hospitaler
"You go to certain Death" "All death is Certain"

The two and a 1/2 hours goes quick and you're truly left to ponder a great many things in your own beliefs.......
August 31, 2015
Check out the director's cut, much better flick
August 18, 2015
I have yet to see the theatrical cut, but I was very intrigued by the director's cut.
August 14, 2015
Interesting and well done visually, but giving it a low grade because it so misrepresents the Crusaders.
August 10, 2015
It's uneven a most surely not an epic but it is a solid action war movie but not one for the vaults.
July 22, 2015
I know the writing is not that great but I do love myself some good old battle some good medieval and historical background.Plus despite its lack of depth,the movie is very involving!