Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Reviews

• May 30, 2019

The movie is in the genre of 'epic fantasy' and for those that like larger than life tales, it is a must see. Many "critics" gave this movie a poor review, due to what they feel is an "all over the place plot." The plot is actually explained, clear and concisely for you, in the very beginning. But you have to PAY ATTENTION to the narrative dialogue in the very beginning, as well as all character dialogue after that. In this, smart phone, participation trophy generation of our uber-sensitive culture, people seem to prefer that a movie do more visual story telling than actual story telling. This allows them to take bathroom breaks, gawk at their phones in the middle of a movie, and not pay attention, then blame the film as if it's the films fault that the narratives and philosophical premise went over your head. This film stands on it's own as a prequel epoch to the Final Fantasy XV video game. The musical score is hands-down amazing. Funny, as none of these so-called critics even gave a consensus on the score. Note, that Final Fantasy's orchestral themes are the only video game soundtracks that have made it in the World Classical Music Hall of Fame. That's an achievement! The action scenes rival that of the Avengers, LoTR and Star Wars. The sequences are edge-of your seat gripping, and anxiety ridden in the best way imaginable. For those that are "confused" with the merger of technology and modern cities with medieval/renaissance themes, this has always been the unique identifier for the Final Fantasy franchise. It takes the mundane of the day-to-day, and makes it exciting. I seem to notice a major disconnect between "critics" and the actual audience. As if these "professional critics" just seem so disconnected to what the audience wants. That's an epic story, with larger-than-life action, and a great score to boot. Note, the same critics who railed on this, seemed to love Ruin Johnson's "The Last Jedi" which was a continuity nightmare. So pay them no mind, and watch this movie if you are a Final Fantasy fan, even if you are new to the series and plan to make XV your first game. Enjoy!

• Mar 11, 2019

Really entertaining. Haven't played the game yet, but this movie certainly has me interested. I actually bought this movie (via FFXV Deluxe), just because I like Amano's artwork featured on a snazzy steelbook. Glad I did.

• Dec 15, 2018

THE critics HAVE THIS MOVIE ALL WRONG, THEY SAY THINGS LIKE IT BEING GAME BASED OR MENTALLY IMPAIRING. THESE CRITICS SHOULD'NT BE EMPLOYED TO REVIEW. I LOVED THE MOVIE, THE VISUALS, THE BACK STORY AND THE CHARACTERS. THE MAJOR BATTLE BE ESPECIALLY EXCITING AND RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WATCH THIS.

• Dec 11, 2018

This movie was ok for what is was but Luna seems like a completely different character to the one in game and Aldercapt is so bad in game and is never really seen as a rival but this is about the movie and it is good to watch

• Oct 22, 2018

This movie was awesome and if you're a Final Fantasy fan it'll be phenomenal. The excessive critic hate is honestly why I can't even trust rotten tomatoes. The visuals and action are amazing. Is the plot a little complicated: yes. But that doesn't make this movie bad at all. It's awesome.

• Sep 24, 2018

Good for anyone who is going to play FFXV, but overall it was okay

Good for anyone who is going to play FFXV, but overall it was okay

• Aug 28, 2018

Was a fantastic movie, though I'm sure it's a lot more enjoyable if you're into the FF universe and have played the game surrounding this movie. There's also an anime covering even more backstory. Love it!

• Aug 10, 2018

mamoncita pero disfrutable

mamoncita pero disfrutable

• Jul 08, 2018

This movie is a great introduction to the FF XV game. If anything I wish future FF games would feature a commoner like Nyx as the main protagonist.

• Jun 26, 2018

Yet another Final Fantasy film that looks beautiful but makes no damn sense whatsoever! It is such a waste because I truly believe that there is something that could be done with this property that could translate very well onto film. They just need to crack the code. It is fun to look at, but not fun to watch.