Kirikou and the Sorceress Reviews

• May 14, 2018

One of the best foreign animated movies ever made.

One of the best foreign animated movies ever made.

• Jul 12, 2017

this movie changed my life. in a negative way

this movie changed my life. in a negative way

• Dec 04, 2015

Really great Kids movie! finally a movie that doesn't dumb kids down but empowers them.

• Jun 26, 2015

Saw it so long ago when I was so young, and re-watching it made it even better as I understood more and being African I can say this is quite a work of art, even in general. One of the animated films I will remember with such fondness.

• Jan 16, 2015

The dubbing was serviceable at best, but otherwise it was great. The art: gorgeous. The story: very interesting. While I've seen stories where a child wiser than the adults goes to solve all the problems, I did not anticipate all the beats. Especially towards the end. Wish I had seen a higher quality video.

• Jan 02, 2015

re-watchable anytime.

re-watchable anytime.

• Nov 07, 2014

Lovely movie, super sweet and amusing

Lovely movie, super sweet and amusing

• May 12, 2014

The animation is wonderful in its simplicity and the story is also brilliant. One of the greatest animated films of all times.

• Nov 01, 2013

I was fortunate to stumble upon this gem. I saw it on television actually. I was mesmerized by the animation, the characters and the story.

• Aug 20, 2013

I was expecting better animation from a winner of a dozen awards made in 1998. The stuttering frame rate reminds me of old TV cartoons. However, the story is exceptional, as is the painting. Fans of Henri Rousseau will be pleased. The audio is the strongest aspect of the film, "the soundtrack, by well-known African composer Youssou N'Dour, using only traditional instruments, lends to the film's timeless feel, like an age-old fable come to life."