Kirikou Et Les Hommes Et Les Femmes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kirikou Et Les Hommes Et Les Femmes Reviews

½ September 19, 2016
So simple but yet so colorful and fascinating.
August 13, 2013
Here it is! This is what Michel Ocelot and everyone wanted to see in the previous Kirikou film. It is essentially the same premise as "Kirikou and the Wild Beasts"- it is a collection of anecdotes told by Kirikou's grandfather about how Kirikou helped his village and defied all challenges. Here the story is so much richer with questions regarding racism accepting differences, the importance of life experience, and women's rights. The animation seems a little more crisper and smoother and the voice acting is once again amazing. Kirikou is ,as I had already mentioned, a wonderful role model. All the adults think that he is incapable of helping since he is essentially a toddler, but he proves them wrong and they learn to accept him. Karaba by the end of the film proves to be a relatable character- a bully who is actually nice but was shaped into evil by life itself. The music scene at the end is breathtaking and exciting since Kirikou's mother defies societal norms and plays the flute something a woman is not allowed to do. There is so much I love about this movie except it's borderline young children only. Sometimes I feel as if I have outgrown Kirikou, but the story here and the characters are well crafted and deserve our attention. With "Kirikou et les hommes et les femmes," Michel Ocelot does exactly what I wanted a worthy, rich, powerful, and layered sequel to the original masterpiece.
October 13, 2012
Il n'y a plus l'aspect découverte, le visuel est moins flmboyant que dans d'autres films d'Ocelot, un peu déçue. Sauf par l'histoire avec l'enfant Touareg. Mais ça marche toujours aussi bien auprès des enfants.