Kisapmata - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kisapmata Reviews

April 27, 2012
De Leon's masterpiece and arguably the most perfect film in all of Philippine cinema. "Kisapmata" is unsettling in the way it seems so close (because of the intensity) to the filmmaker, the same time it's so close (because of the realism) to you. As if the gap between our world and De Leon's more forbidding one is as little as, well, the blink of an eye...
October 20, 2011
When a young man and a young woman get married, the woman's super-overprotective father meddles in their relationship. But family secrets underneath are much more sinister than what it seems. Now, I know why it's considered a landmark in Filipino cinema. Vic Silayan is absolutely terrifying as the "overprotective" father. I love that he never plays him as a one-dimensional monster but a full human being which makes him even MORE frightening. The film is extremely well-shot and features some stunning direction which produces an aura of uncomfortable tension althroughout. It's definitely in the running in my Top 5 best Filipino films of all time.
August 8, 2011
,whahah.. new member,,..
i dont how to watch a movie using this FLIXSTER..
help me plz..
August 7, 2009
the best ensemble drama film ever made in philippine movies. the acting is so believable especially the first 5 cast. the twist is so refreshing and shocking.
February 5, 2009
One of Mike De Leon's best! Just saw it again a few days back... it's timeless.
September 26, 2008
A slow-moving story, but hits you right in the head with its shocking climax that came very unexpected. Vic Silayan is great.
August 27, 2008
Philippines' finest by the great Mike Deleon and Doy Delmundo.
January 30, 2008
November 10, 2007
A recreation of the events leading to a true homicidal incident in the Philippines, this is the most technical disturbing film I have ever seen. From the great Mike de Leon.