Kisna: The Warrior Poet Reviews

• Feb 12, 2016

The best movie ever made..true love does exist

The best movie ever made..true love does exist

• May 30, 2014

Some of the box office failures are gud movies ... since "hit" movie demands a fix formula !

• Nov 25, 2009

Complete waste of time, extremely poor production.

Complete waste of time, extremely poor production.

• May 04, 2009

A Damn Good Movie. Without a doubt.

A Damn Good Movie. Without a doubt.

• Feb 03, 2009

This is a visually powerful film! What in my house we call 'paisajosa' meaning from Spanish 'with much scenery' or many landscapes. That one aspect of the movie deserves most of the stars, because it is superb! the acting I thought was very good; the music excellent and meaningful, along with the dialogues which were all good. It is fascinating to me reading between lines when it comes to Bollywood analysis. For example, this obsession with childhood friends who fall in love in adulthood; getting engaged to someone else; and living your life loving the absent lover... That I have to say is rather common notion in Indian movies. Fights were probably the weakest aspect of the movie, as well as the bad ones, who are always very very bad, versus the good ones, who are always even godly... Something interesting is the way female characters enable the protagonist to be the hero: the mother of the British girl defies her husband for Kisna; the British girl loves Kisna; Kisna's mother assigns him the righteous mission; the wife of Kisna's friend shows real Indian friendship to the British; the powerful Kathak dancer saves Kisna from death; Kisna's fiancee awaits for him diligently... overall it is a great production with powerful South Asian identity messages and celebration of culture!

• Leo L Super Reviewer
    Dec 23, 2008

Here is an intriguing movie about family, commitment, and love. Kisna is bound by duties and responsibilities, where he diligently trains alongside his brother and uncle. He also devotes his time to teaching and music, and loves to write verses. Aside from being a devoted son, brother, and nephew, he also loved his childhood friend, Katherine. Along with his father, young Kisna cared for the horses on the land stead belonging to Katherine's father. The two were inseparable until a certain act followed by anger and hatred, she is then sent away to London. Years later, she returns and still maintains a strong love for Kisna. This upsets Luxmi, who is set upon marrying Kisna. A raid upon her home sets her off to seek his help, and he vows to get her safely away. The two then set off on an adventure that changes them completely, and strengthens their love. Great cast- Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Om Puri, Amrish Puri, Sushmita Sen, Hrishitaa Bhatt, Isha Sharvani. Great musical score by my favorite artist, A.R. Rahman. Great song: My wish comes true. Stunning performance by Sushmita Sen. Definitely worthy!

• Aug 03, 2008

India's history is fascinating the movie is very well done too! 8/10

India's history is fascinating the movie is very well done too! 8/10

• Aug 03, 2008

the storyline went so smooth that was worth watching.

the storyline went so smooth that was worth watching.

• Jun 01, 2008

Surprisingly enjoyable movie. Ridiculously longer than necessary to get the point across. Songs were average. I was hoping they added more to the symbolism that I assume they were trying to make. I think there may have been something there, but it wasn't completely brought out.

• Apr 26, 2008