Kiss the Bride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kiss the Bride Reviews

November 14, 2014
One of my all time favorite indi films. I love Vanessa Parise as a writer/director.
January 23, 2014
From 2002, this was an okay movie, kinda cute, slice of life surrounding a family and the wedding of one of the three daughters. It has a huge cast most of which I recognized from assorted movie and TV projects. Oddly the mother and father of the bride here are Adrian and Paulie of Rocky fame where they play of course are brother and sister (Talia Shire & Burt Young). This was just weird to me and felt ...well wrong. Alysess Milano as a lesbian on the other hand...08.11
September 6, 2013
I dislike chick flicks. It's worse when they have to throw in a former child star and make a lesbian out of her.
½ July 24, 2013
Enjoyable family drama about the complications of staging a traditional wedding complete with sibling rivalry and parent versus grown child conflict.
½ May 11, 2013
Slightly forced, typical dysfunctional family drama about a wedding.
½ August 23, 2012
Touching motion picture. Vanessa Parise directed and starred in the coming of age comedy. Based roughly about her life with sisters. The story Begins with wedding invitations, all sisters are re-united on Rhode Island, whats supose to be a Joyful celebration, turns sour with non-stop fights, and sharp layers of mixed emotions. This Really is a great chick-flick.
July 31, 2012
trite & predictable w/ heavy steroetypes
July 24, 2012
Burt Young and Talia Shire are the parents in this "my crazy Italian family!" romcom, the gravitas, the weight in this otherwise cheese souffle, and the director doesn't know it. That is the beginning of flubs made. Skip it. Or simply watch any ABC sitcom. It feels the same.
½ June 14, 2012
THIS WAS A BEAUTIFUL MOVIE
May 4, 2012
awesome story of family - the reality of family.
½ April 27, 2012
reminds me of my family.
jjnxn
½ March 19, 2012
Has its moments, particularly Amanda Detmer's meltdown, but her three sisters are such loathsome, selfish hateful bitches that it drains most of the enjoyment out of any small worthwhile contributions the film does offer. That said several supporting actors do good work, Talia Shire and Alyssa Milano in particular give fine performances.
December 5, 2011
It's rotten made for cable stench is hard to stomach with all it's predictability.there's nothing new or thrilling about the casting choice or plot. It's not even corny or funny enough to be cute.
July 26, 2010
So you think you‚??ve seen all the romantic comedies the world of cinema has to offer? If you haven‚??t seen Kiss the Bride, guess again! Released straight to DVD, this one indeed has a low budget but is just as entertaining and charming as (almost) any other. As an interesting cast brings a simple script to life, one will surely realize they are making a good investment with a couple hours of their time.
Amanda Detmer (recognized from her terrifying bus crash scene in Final Destination as well as roles in Saving Silverman, Big Fat Liar and a few television rolls) is quite appealing in the lead here as a likable young woman about to wed but has to put up with her impossible family. With three sisters who provide more drama than a soap opera and a couple of other relatives who do nothing but cause havoc, one may not question why she is getting married partially to get away from it all!
Some viewers who have high expectations for their chick flicks may grow frustrated with this one as it moves slowly and concentrates quite a lot on the drama presented with each character, and has at least one ending too many. Yet, as one of Detmer‚??s few starring vehicles, it will surely satisfy fans and also gives her fianc√© (The Boondock Saints‚?? Sean Patrick Flannery) a good opportunity to show his lighter side. Don‚??t expect Sleepless in Seattle chemistry, but still a pleasant outing.
As family drama is a big part of the film, many should be able to relate to how complicated these events are when all are involved, especially rivals of the bride and groom. This fact alone gives the film great credibility as most all siblings have some bitterness, which they hide for many years. Stay tuned through the end credits for some fun wedding reception footage with the glamorous cast.
May 22, 2010
Shoulda been called "Alyssa Milano Kisses Girls". My Big Fat Italian Wedding meets The L Word. Lotta babes though - from Talia Shire to Monet Mazur.
½ May 22, 2010
[font=Century Gothic][size=1]This is a horrible movie. It so did not make me want to get married. I fast forwarded the whole thing. Tiffany - DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. [/size][/font]
½ May 22, 2010
IF YOU ENJOY WATCHING AN HOUR AND A HALF OF A VERY DISFUNCTIONAL ITALIAN FAMILY, THEN THIS IS THE MOVIE FOR YOU.
½ February 1, 2010
A movie that truly shows the dynamics of a family. 'Kiss the Bride' highlights an Italian-American family from R.I. who all return home for one sister's wedding. The cast was great, the acting was SO powerful, I was captivated. The person that really stands out for me was Amanda Detmer - her first main role and she was great in it. Alyssa Milano is found somewhere in this film as well (as a lesbian!)
½ December 8, 2009
not like the end. I think two guys have gay love between them
September 18, 2009
An effective & moving tale of 4 sisters at their first family wedding. Peppered with catfights & geriatric comedy that's somehow believable, one can't help feeling for each of the vastly different sisters by the end. Definitely recommended for date night! :)