Kissing Jessica Stein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kissing Jessica Stein Reviews

½ April 1, 2013
A lighthearted and sweet yet real and slightly serious romedy in a best woody allen style with new yorkers trying to figure it all out. Wether to be gay or straight, to date or not, to be serious or not, to live and love or not. Funny and ... cerebral :)
March 22, 2013
The right kind of funny and smart.
½ March 17, 2013
Fumbles, but occasionally gets it right.
½ February 18, 2013
I loved this movie. Really sweet and funny. Great jazz soundtrack and close enough to the 90's to feel nostalgic.
½ February 9, 2013
I liked this movie more than I thought I would.
½ February 6, 2013
A smart and refreshing romantic comedy with a twist. It tackles the issue creatively, tastefully and with a large amount of humour. Easy going viewing and one you could easily watch again.
January 24, 2013
blah i kissed her, tasted like rotten cheese
January 21, 2013
I thought this movie was supposed to be more of a comedy (just my perception, not a misleading trailer as often happens). So I got over that easily and enjoyed it.
January 7, 2013
A very relatable movie, and an interesting take on the topic.
December 30, 2012
Intelligent fun chick flick!
December 27, 2012
This movie is pretty funny at times. I feel for Heather Juergensen. Jennifer Westfeldt makes her wait for so long before they have sex and when they do it's at her parent's house. Lol.
December 7, 2012
Will take into consideration and maybe find to watch!
½ November 19, 2012
A woman never satisfied with the man tries out with a girl friend. And realises in the end that nothing is perfect. A nice movie to watch.
Rye
October 18, 2012
really liked this it was sweet and cute and raw and real. ended up being such a typical romantic comedy but hey the film made it work anyway.
October 15, 2012
The ending results in one of the poorest representations of lesbians in mainstream cinema, with very few laughs along the way. Avoid.
October 14, 2012
This movie is hilarious, and completely "coming-of-age". The structure is rather unique, it keeps going after the traditional "end", and gives a realistic portrait of what probably would happen to couples in romantic comedies after "the end" of the movie. I loved it, but the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the editing was awkward at some points. I would watch this again though.
½ October 9, 2012
The ending sort of spoiled it for me..
September 27, 2012
Satisfyingly non-stereotypical where it mattered. To comment on the summary review: How can something be both trite and refreshing?
September 19, 2012
Kissing Jessica Stein is about allowing yourself the freedom to be exactly who you are, always. Most romantic comedies do not allow their female protagonists to do this, unless, of course, being yourself ends up leading to the perfect guy by the end of the 90-120 minutes. The fact that Kissing Jessica Stein surpasses this basic point makes it fresh, fun, and worth a watch.
August 28, 2012
A truly refreshing take on the romantic comedy genre, this adventurous film written by and starring intelligent women is anything but predictable.