Kit Kittredge: An American Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Reviews

½ October 15, 2015
Great film for kids and parents!!
August 22, 2015
I was surprised that I liked this movie at all - I've watched several of the American Girl films with my elementary-age daughter, and mostly they are more after-school-special than traditional film. This one is different. Not only does it have a lot more humor, but it has a lot of sad moments - especially considering the historical setting near the end of the Great Depression. It gave me a chance to explain a little bit of the history of America to my own American girl, which was kind of cool.
June 1, 2015
must see for daughter
½ April 2, 2015
"Kit Kittredge" has a giddy and energetic tone that allows its mystery plot to be engaging and pleasing, while presenting its themes regarding the Great Depression with sensitivity and no sappiness.
April 1, 2015
I love this movie, Growing up I had most of the American Girl dolls and Kit was always my favorite. So when the movie came out and my favorite actress was in it I knew i had to see it. Abigail didn't disappoint me at all
December 18, 2014
It maybe sad - due to the Great Depression setting - and was marketed for kids - mainly girls - but it's surprisingly enjoyable for anyone of all ages by the heart. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ July 21, 2014
I got to be honest and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I enjoyed this very much. In real movie standards, it's not great, but by family movie standards, it's really entertaining. It doesn't feel like just a commercial to sell the dolls and books ( I don't have any of those, in case you were wondering ) but it has some fun characters and a good plot that it sometimes a little thought provocative. It has something for everyone.
April 18, 2014
For retarded girls only
January 24, 2014
I want to to see kit kittredge an
American girl
December 7, 2013
Although I actually kind of enjoyed this movie, it felt like it was missing something. Still can't pinpoint it, but I enjoyed it a great deal. It's a good family film... rather relative to today.
½ November 2, 2013
Such a great movie. Kit proves that you can do and be anything you want to no matter what
½ September 20, 2013
Nice children's film, with a neat little performance by Breslin.
September 10, 2013
this movie looks awesome
½ September 8, 2013
Great G-rated movie about the depression.
½ September 6, 2013
Pretty good kids movie. I enjoyed it.
September 2, 2013
Way better than those awful direct to tv/DVD movies. This one has great characters and good lessons for young girls especially. My almost 7 year old loved it.
June 21, 2013
This was a fun movie. I liked it a lot.
May 10, 2013
I loved this movie just watched today really good movie loved it soooooo much
February 9, 2013
my kid seen this while he was at school and he loved it. i even know a grown man who loves this movie and cried in it thumbs up!!
½ February 8, 2013
This was really good. But to predictable.
GRADE:A-