Kite Liberator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kite Liberator Reviews

½ May 19, 2015
A smooth and hot animated feature that entertains accordingly, but I'll be honest, it literally does not have an ending. It's fun, albeit very flawed.
½ October 25, 2014
Kite was an interesting, dark and interesting anime. This film should be ashamed really to be called a sequel. The character Kite returns, but instead we have space aliens, and non nonsensical elements in another extremely short film.
½ June 12, 2014
The angel of death killed your brother.

A high school student in Tokyo aids the local authorities by cleaning up the streets and taking out criminals. She is quickly becoming a local legend known as the angel of death. She leaves behind feathers in her blood trail as a calling card of her work. When an alien being that threatens mankind arrives in Tokyo from space, it may be more than she can handle.

"We can't negotiate with that pervert."

Yasuomi Umetsu, director of Robot Carnival, Kite, Mezzo Forte, and episodes of Girls High, and Wizards Barristers, delivers Kite Liberators. The storyline for this picture was way better than I anticipated. The action scenes were excellent and I enjoyed the characters. The movie definitely could have been longer but the animation was solid as was the overall premise.

"Something is about to happen inside your body."

I found this on Netflix and decided it had an interesting enough premise to give a shot. This was way better than I anticipated and reminded me of the first Blood. Overall, this is an excellent addition to the genre and a must see for anime fans.

"I am sure it has a weak spot."

Grade: A
½ December 13, 2013
So there's this The Thing thing happening up in a space station.
There's this teenage drama about a young girl who misses her dad and is trying to hold down a waitress job.
There's this avenging vigilante story about a young girl who punishes criminals.
Oh wait.. all these things happen in the same movie.
Feels incomplete, out of sync and trying to cater to too many clique groups at once.
May 2, 2011
Obviously the first part of a Larger series, interesting story with alot of greater plot points never being resolved and a cliff hanger ending, Overall interesting movie, worth the watch.
½ August 23, 2010
Being an Anime fan this is right up my alley.
½ August 22, 2010
Full on adult anime, with a pretty decent plot. It's a shame that it's a multi-parter and they have not been released yet. In a lot of ways a lot better story than the original Kite.
½ June 11, 2010
The animation is much crisper and the frame rate is higher than the first. However, there is far less action. What little there is, isn't a joke though.
May 28, 2010
An ordinary schoolgirl Monaka hides a secret identity when at night she transforms into the Angel Of Death and bumps off unsavoury characters in Tokyo. Her father is an astronaut on the International Space Station. He undergoes a hideous change in his DNA to become a creature impervious to bullets thanks to some experimental food and space radiation. When the ISS is destroyed and the crew escape back to Earth on a rescue craft, the creature stows away on the ship. It goes on a killing frenzy. Monaka is ordered to kill the creature, unaware that it's her father.

A complete change from the original Kite anime which focused more on the hentai aspect rather than the story. This one however has a well rounded storyline, interesting characters with some fanservice, bloodletting, comedy and cool action scenes. Unfortunately just as the plot gets interesting it all ends rather quickly which annoyed me. I hope there's a 3rd installment of Kite so that the storyline can have a resolution.
May 28, 2010

April 29, 2010
now thats a great show would love to see more
½ February 1, 2010
Confusing at first but then gets kinda predictable but it good.
½ December 21, 2009
interesting but could have been better though! The dubbing is horrible, but the animation is pretty cool!
November 25, 2009
LOVE THIS ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 3, 2009
pale & indirect imitation of Ghost in the Shell - creepier and much less compelling.
½ September 23, 2009
This was a great movie....until the end. It was creepy, with rich, multilayered characters, people leading double lives, monsters, and plenty of action. I wanted to see where it was all headed, how these people fit together, and what all their secrets were. I wanted to see a big battle scene between the good guys and the monsters.

Unfortunately, I never did, and never will because the movie has no ending. Halfway through a pitched battle in the second act, it just STOPS. That's it. The End. Roll credits. Nothing gets resolved. Not even the battle we were in the middle of.

And I'm not talking about a Limbo-style ending, where everything builds up to one of two possibilities, and the film ends leaving you to decide which one happened. I mean NO ending. I mean the buildup is only halfway finished before it just unceremoniously cuts you off. It's like there was a full, rich, complete movie, but somebody just cut it off halfway through.

Bleh. I probably wouldn't have minded if what came before wasn't so intriguing, but I was really starting to care about these people. Oh well. Too bad for me. And too bad for you if you're unlucky enough to end up watching this cruel joke.
September 3, 2009
Very good anime but short most people that saw it think they have a part 2
Well i hope so
½ August 21, 2009
Not the most original plot....but pretty well done.
I liked it.
½ July 25, 2009
This does not do the original justice at all. It's animation is actually worse than the later episodes of Mezzo (also by Uematsu), and they replaced all the great things about Kite with stupid crap. They took out the exploding shells, and added aliens/monsters. Hello!? This is KITE. There's no aliens or monsters in Kite. There's assassins and pedos and exploding shells. Needless sequel. Thumbs down.
July 12, 2009
cool heroine..well not really.. her non tough side is pretty annoying . i like how they beat up perverts tho.