The Klansman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Klansman Reviews

July 31, 2007
There are big names here, from Young to Marvin and Burton, and even Paluzzi with a southern accent. The white community may find the sight of O. J. Simpson (sans Manolo Blahniks) as a cold-hearted killer somewhat poetic. But this is a patchy drama that had the potential to be so much more. Word has it that Paramount tinkered with the script so much the writer buggered off and wanted nothing more to do with it. Lee Marvin wanted to do the same but the studio waved his signed contract in front of his face. And the tinkering shows—badly—and even the score seems to creep up at the most unexpected times. One of Terence Young’s worst, and that’s a pity.
½ July 10, 2007
The Best OJ Simpson movie ever. Directed by the same guy who did "The Long Days", "Dr. No", "Wait Until dark" "From Russia With Love"; Terrence Young.
½ July 2, 2007
Alot better than I thought it would be. Seing as I paid .69 cents for it.
June 5, 2007
You have no idea how incredibly entertaining this movie is. I'm serious, and so is this movie.
May 5, 2007
I like Lee M. and Richard B.
September 13, 2006
even with poor reviews, I wanna see Marvin & Burton onscreen together!
April 24, 2005
BLAND FILM CENTERING ON RACISM IN THE SOUTH AND THE KKK. SURPRISINGLY HIGH CALIBRE CAST WITH RICHARD BURTON AND LEE MARVIN. THE FILM IS JUST BLAND, NOTHING MUCH TO OFFER. THE PLOT ISN'T VERY INTERESTING.
December 16, 2004
Hey kids let's play a little game shall we? It's called word association. You know, dog is to bark as cat is to meow. Got it? OK. Let's try one.

Pam Grier is to Quentin Tarantino as Lola Falana is to, yup, you guessed it. Me. So when people panned Lady Cocoa, I just sat there like whoooaaa, Lola... :D

So it would be without a doubt that when I got my hands on this film that I wouldn't pan it. I'm not going to tell you the story as the title is pretty much self explanatory. Instead, I'm going to explain my rating.

First you got Lee Marvin. Now Lee's just badass to begin with but you add Lola with him and damn you got a tag team there. Now you have to subtract the O.J. Simpson effect. Granted he does do a pretty good job playing a pissed off, rebellious killer (hmmmmm) it's still O.J. freakin Simpson. The one man who single handedly destroyed the Naked Gun series.

So you do some random math and you come out to 6 of 10. But a damn good film. Watch it!!