Knight Rider - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Knight Rider Reviews

August 17, 2015
First 13 eps could have been shortened to one or two eps!
January 2, 2015
I liked the original serie and i still watch some episodes time to time. David Hasselhoff made a great show and it was fun to watch. This new tv movie was good and bad , but as always its hard to make sequels as good as the originals. Story takes place 25 after with new car and the son of Michael Knight.. David have a small role aswell and overall worth seeing if u are a knight rider fan like me.
April 14, 2013
When Sarah Graiman (Deanna Russo), a 24-year-old doctoral candidate at Stanford, learns her father is missing, she and KITT (now Knight Industries Three Thousand) find childhood friend Mike Traceur (Justin Bruening), who is a former Army ranger, to help find the culprits.

also stars Sydney Tamila Poitier, Bruce Davison and David Hasselhoff.

directed by Steve Shill.
½ April 7, 2013
A worthy successor to the original show about a car equipped with an AI that has a driver, Michael Knight (who this time is the son of the original).

There is no Trans Am here. Now, a Mustang Shelby takes center stage and attempts to woo viewers with it's capability to change colour, turbo boost (in average CGI form), morph into other vehicles among other things.

Justin Bruening plays KITT's driver this time around. While his acting isn't exactly stellar, nor was Hasselhoff's back in the day but he gets the job done adequately for what the show is.

The show was cancelled after one season by NBC and the problems evidently show why. A lack of original stories which are robbed from various action movies such as Speed, The Terminator and even the Hulk are accompanied by average voice acting for KITT, played by Val Kilmer who doesn't sound too bothered about the role, and a main storyline that did not know where it is heading!

However, unlike previous ludicrous incarnations of Knight Rider that tried to revive the concept, this one manages to capture at least some of the basic elements of what made the original successful such as detailing the friendship between Mike and KITT. Bruening does what Hasselhoff did and talks to the car as if it were a real person and pulls it off with ease. The supporting characters such as the Graiman character and Sarah, who looks after KITT's functions, are likeable and create opportunities for banter between them and Michael.

Midway through the season, NBC saw fit to axe a number of characters to wittle down the show's magnitude and convert it into a more basic form like the original was, and even though Knight Rider was slowly but steadily regaining it's viewers once again NBC didn't think it was enough to warrant a second run.

Knight Rider 2008, I feel, was a show that deserved a chance for more people to appreciate it's rejuvenated form and a missed opportunity for NBC to have a hit on their hands.
March 27, 2013
I loved this show...I love the action..but I don't no why they stop the show after 1 session...would like it to come back on.
½ March 26, 2013
Love this show. But it could be written a lot better.
February 27, 2013
can't wait ... luv Knight Rider!! on TV
September 29, 2012
stupid story, bad acting.
½ August 11, 2012
Everything sucked, except the car.
½ July 11, 2012
For the people who haven't watched the tv-series, this movie would be very interesting as this was for me. I liked it and enjoyed it thoroughly! A light movie based on AI that doesn't blow your mind away but gives you a good time with a light thriller.
½ June 15, 2012
I liked the plot. I was a HUGE fan of the TV series so I hope it comes back
½ May 27, 2012
Sad. Nothing like the original series. I'm dissapointed. Only reason it got a star and a half is they used a semi cool car.
April 30, 2012
Awesome Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ April 22, 2012
I just like the car man!! Go K.I.T.T!!
½ April 15, 2012
Great addition to the the Knight Rider brand
½ April 11, 2012
Better then I thought it would be.
I saw it on TV. and it was ok, it was a nice tie in with the old TV. Show.
Wondering if they're going to keep it going though.
Also thought maybe it was a prelude to a new show but I haven't seen anything so I guess not.
½ March 2, 2012
didnt see val,but hasse...

or was this just the pilot for the serie??? anyhooo- shitt movie.. looong live the old series
½ December 3, 2011
En ganska så onödig reboot på Knight Rider och det verkar som att andra också tyckte det, i och med att det bara blev en säsong av 2008 års version av Knight Rider.
Det bästa är att man hör Val Kilmer som rösten bakom K.I.T.T. och att Hoff tycker upp som Michael Knight.
½ November 21, 2011
i want one of this :)
August 7, 2011
This seems shockingly weak. I would have thought that somebody would have put some effort into celebrating this series properly instead we got this made for TV movie which seems worse than any original episode I can remember.