Knockout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Knockout Reviews

½ June 17, 2015
It bores me that's something the film does but it's kinda of entertains me. Grade B-
January 27, 2015
Meaningful, if not predictable. It relies on stereotypes to set the scene in the first 20 minutes, and never gets past 'teenage boy' in its audience appeal.
January 14, 2015
Could be a good film if the acting was better
January 13, 2015
A.K.A. Born to fight. Karate kid rehash with boxing the sport in question this time as a young bullied boy is taught how to defend himself
January 7, 2015
I actually really liked this. for its pg rating
December 28, 2014
Recyclable material, but with charm and true heart that raises the overall product.....
½ August 25, 2014
Knockout is boring and cliche. It is Karate Kid meets a boxing ring, but the only difference is that it is horrible.
½ February 13, 2014
Same shmoltzy story done a hundred times before. But still a decent movie.
January 6, 2014
Really good. I like Steve Austin being like this.
½ December 11, 2013
It's good for those who want to watch a character developing step-by-step. Moreover, it's a family movie that contains good advice. Not forgetting also how pleasant Austin is looking in this film.
June 21, 2013
The greatest boxing film of our generation.
½ April 28, 2013
I spent half the film trying to figure out which film it was trying to rip off - Karate Kid or Rocky V, and by the time it ended, I came to the conclusion it was Rocky V. The 'hero' looks like the nerdy spawn of the character 'It's Pat,' the villain is laughable, Steve Austin is far too intimidating to like, and the acting is dreadful.
March 20, 2013
Steve Austin did a good job.

The boxing wasn't so great.

Knockout is based in Tacoma, Washington. The issue I have with this movie is that Steve Austin has a Texas accent, and just about every other actor/actress in this movie has a Canadian accent. It's laughable.

The main actor Daniel Magder is over-the-top nerdy in this movie. The kid almost falls down while he's running. Come on now. I thought that could have been better.

I'd call it below average.

4/10 Stars
March 12, 2013
What an amazing story of a underdog who won the day through hardwork and the desire to want to rise above adversity , Not a bad boxing movie wih heart overall i loved the film and the story kudos to the cast and director
½ December 14, 2012
Kinda good...story kinda moves along, but a feeling of something missing is always there
September 23, 2012
I love Stone Cold! But this movie was cheeply made, I think! I enjoyed thr movie and story though
September 8, 2012
Movie has a lots of heart but the story has been told many times before. Its no Karate Kid a movie is tries to be like.
August 18, 2012
This feels something I would watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon during the 90's and started loving it. It's a decent film with a little above average performances. The story is about this new kid at school trying to fit in so along with the help of Steve Austin, he takes up boxing. You don't see Austin in this as much because it's focusing on the kid more but I didn't mind it. Hell, the entire school scene in this film feels more real than that latest Spider-Man film.
August 7, 2012
Awful dtv flik. Can't believe I sat through the whole thing.
June 17, 2012
Good fight movie I was not expecting anything good typical cliche movie but it has a lot of heart kind of like karate kid