Knowing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Knowing Reviews

January 30, 2016
I understand why there are so many bad reviews on this movie..
it's because it pissed people off when they see movies that express the extinction of human triumph. in this film, there is honestly no way out. I liked this movie alot because it was a unique story and it truly made me want to watch the movie until the sad end.
January 14, 2016
At times, the movie had me watching closely, breathing shallowly and at others I found myself scratching my head, wondering why the writers chose to go "that" direction. I'm not sorry I watched it; wish it had been a little more coherent.
½ January 14, 2016
Extremely disappointing ending that totally ruined the whole thing and turned what could have been an erratic but half-way decent sci-fi thriller into a laughably preachy religious allegory. I only gave it a half star because I was concerned that if I put no stars, that it wouldn't register my review.
January 10, 2016
Starts out with an interesting plot line, but dissolves into a ridiculous concoction of several other movies before reaching an increcibly unsatisfying conclusion. A waste of time.
January 4, 2016
never builds up the tension it should have
½ January 2, 2016
Was a good movie overall and had you wondering what was going to happen next..
½ December 31, 2015
Ugh....another classic from Cage.
December 17, 2015
Baru selesai nonton ini bareng anak2 dan uminya: pada tegang dari awal sampai akhir. Haha. Sukses besar ini! :v

Recommended nonton ini bareng keluarga.
December 3, 2015
So well made, an excellent job by Alex Proyas, and the score, so accurate and beautiful...
½ November 20, 2015
Quase uma adaptação de Eram os Deuses Astronautas, esse filme traz de volta a boa forma de Alex Proyas e uma boa atuação de Nicolas Cage - além de uma bela cena de um desastre de avião.
November 14, 2015
sorry Cage, this one sucked. Beltrami wrote a pretty good score though.
November 12, 2015
Like watching a Mormon Cinema flick written by a born again Christian.
November 5, 2015
Michael S. Heiser recs to see this. I forget why? Forgot i did see this, in theater, with family somehow for a birthday, About predicting the future and almost apocalyptic denoument.
October 27, 2015
I was surprised by the poor reviews this movie received. I thought the effects were great! Every time I watch the part with the airplane, I get chills. It has suspense and good progression, though some parts are not very realistic if such an event were to happen. I like that it pulls in a spiritual side ever so slightly, still leaving anyone to stand on their beliefs no matter what they are, because even in an ending like this, it's faith that leads us to knowing.
½ September 14, 2015
Tied for the worst movie I've ever seen. I want the time in my life back that I wasted on this garbage.
September 13, 2015
It only takes 10 minutes to realize the only reason I'm still watching is to hopefully see more of Lucinda so it was incredibly disappointing that they chose not to bring the most intriguing character back in some way. Poor acting, camera work and awful CGI, particularly the flames and CGI train... really terrible work. Proyas avoids subtlety like it's a plague and reuses actresses to a laughable degree. The writers make the mistake of abandoning a potentially very simple plot direction with an array of broad questions in the first hour that, as a result, squander any interest I had from the first 5 minutes. Too bad all the answers are garbage.
September 7, 2015
Meh. It doesn't suck. It's watchable. Just more like a TV movie than theater movie. Won't change your life, but might fill your evening. I would have likely given in 2 1/2 stars, but the film score is so god-awfully lame that I couldn't justify it.
August 11, 2015
I would have given this film a 3.5 or a 4 even, but the 3rd act was entirely too laughable, and boring. The first two acts are good, however.
August 4, 2015
The movie was great but the ending was ehh
July 27, 2015
Okay, this is gonna be a long one so bare with me and enjoy. Well, where to start, this has to be one of the weirdest movies ever if it's not the weirdest. Being a Nicolas Cage fan (for those who know me know that) of course he saves what could have been an absolute mess but his great persona works as usual, now, about the movie itself, is it a bad movie, no, it just has some bad parts. Is it a good movie, yes, but it has some bad parts. This is a cross between a few movies which I'll compare it to 1 by 1, they are The Number 23, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and The Day After Tomorrow. Ok, the whole Time Capsule thing works because Cage's characters son is given an envelope with a piece of paper in it, and on the paper is a bunch of numbers which Cage discovers is predicting every major disaster in the world in perfect sequence, the only problem is that the time capsule is 50 years old and predicts disasters well into the future, now there are similarities here with The Number 23 but in this case it works much better as Cage is much better at these kinds of roles than Jim Carrey, but the whole idea works better, that and the fact that The Number 23 was horrible. Anyways, moving on, the whole thing with the aliens "choosing those who can hear the voices" thing was bizarre because these people just kept showing up and you didn't have a clue what they were doing or where they came from until the end, hence, "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind". Look, I'm not into the whole alien thing so this part didn't work for me and made it kinda dumb which was the weak part of the film in my opinion, now, the whole end of the world bit which the story finally revolves around after 2 hours crosses paths with The Day After Tomorrow, except instead of water and snow ending the world, this time it's heat caused by a solar flare from the sun, this part of the movie (even thought it's not until the very end) is very well done and makes you think if all of this can actually happen, which I'm sure it can but not to that extent, but it looks very good on film. The action parts with the disasters (the plane and especially the train) look very good and they are the best part of this movie. This is a hard movie to review because it has everything and you don't have a clue where it's going or what is going to happen but it is one hell of a ride if you get a chance to see it. It's going to get mixed reviews from everyone (hopefully because of the movie itself and not because they "don't like Nicolas Cage, blah, blah, blah) I'm so sick of hearing that crap, anyways I'm tired now and I think I've said my two cents worth. Enjoy this if you see it and think about it if you don't