Koi... Mil Gaya (I Found Someone) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Koi... Mil Gaya (I Found Someone) Reviews

½ May 30, 2011
Was a pretty good entertainer when I was a kid. Not the same now though.
April 17, 2011
It's the Indian Mac and Me....
½ April 11, 2011
Soo, its a combination of ET, Flowers for algernon and The absent minded professor...
the Alien FX are ok, but the basic (forgot to edit the ramps out of the shot) Fx bit the big one... poor editing...
January 29, 2011
Imagine everything you love about E.T. and Forest Gump fused into a Bollywood film. I know what you're thinking that's crazy? Crazy badasss that is.
½ October 21, 2010
I can't give this one a full rating since it's still on my shelf collecting dust, only half watched. But I'll try to explain the bit of this Bollywood Science Fiction I recall.

Plot: A scientist creates a computer programed to make contact with extraterrestrial intelligence. Driving home with his pregnant wife, they have an unfortunate collision with a UFO that sends them off the road crashing in a ditch and killing the scientist. The wife survives and gives birth to a male infant. The child grows up to be a young man with a very limited intellect. A lady friend and the young man tamper with the deceased scientists computer and establish contact with Aliens. One of the Aliens has the ability of entering the young mans mind through psychokinesis. The young man develops special magic powers and his intellect boosts. Something like that ...

Most Bollywood films contain the usual ingredients and formula of story telling:

1. A wedding
2. Goofy acting
3. Dancing
4. Bad action
5. Drama
6. Outrageous costumes

I don't know if this film contained all the mandatory ingredients of the usual Bollywood story because I ran out of patience and had to turn it off. It just wouldn't end and went on and on and on and on. My DVD says it clocks 176 minutes. It eventually was a hit and spawned a sequel.

I do like Bollywood films, and have seen some very entertaining ones. But this one was picked up drunk one late night on my way home. I asked the clerk: "Do you have any classic Bollywood films containing elements of horror, or science fiction?". "Oh Yehs mei Frend, dis is a good one, very very speshell price for yu mei frend".
Well I'll have to try and sit through this one again in the future. After all the clerk called it a classic, but then again I still have a handful of these films on my shelf I haven't even put in my DVD player yet.

By the Way ... I even have a Bollywood re make of "The Others", I haven't finished either. And that one says it clocks 165 minutes, while "The Others" only clocks 104 minutes. It's called "Hum Kaun Hai". It has no long dancing scenes, so where does the extra running time come from? The cover is also full of typos in English.

After all, who cares ... Bollywood is after the largest film industry on the planet and can afford a few mistakes. It only makes them even funnier if you ask me.
½ August 27, 2010
Indian version of E.T. MUCH better than E.T., though some of the aacting could've been better ;)
August 18, 2010
slight reminder of ET..but still with the drama and color of india
August 16, 2010
yes it's very beautiful
August 10, 2010
This movie is excellent. The characters are awesome, Hrithrik is wonderful in this movie. The beauty of Canada and India really makes this a move worth seeing... Here's an interesting movie that holds a bit of interest, and it centralizes on the decency of humanity and its nature when an alien encounter occurs in a mountainside town. Rohit Mehra is an adult on the outside but the only difference that sets him apart from others is that his mind is that of a child's. It is an injury that he had sustained in the womb. He befriends Jaadoo (an alien from another world) and Nisha (a newcomer), and the three embark on an adventure of fun with Rohit's school friends. It is the town bully that consistently troubles the group, and this further brings attention to Rohit's friend Jaadoo. Great cast- Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, Rekha, and Johnny Lever. Definitely worth seeing. loved it alot superb.
½ July 12, 2010
This was an enjoyable movie. Preity Zinta is lovely and the music was great. The story was fun and the romance was cute, the characters are likable. The only thing is that they did not explain in the end how Rohit was able to keep his powers.
June 13, 2010
I SEE MANY TIMES I LOVE IT
½ May 10, 2010
vfvdffffggggggggggggggggrgg
½ January 11, 2010
omg hrithik roshon is so cute here... but the movie was even better cuz the mesage it trying to tell is obvious.
December 24, 2009
Good Film.. Even Bollywood can try Hollywood
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
Shame on you Bollywood! This was the obvious stolen Idea of the E.T. Original Idea from the Master of the Movies Steven Spielberg.
November 1, 2009
My fovorite movie ever but its sad but really sweet