Kopy Kings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kopy Kings Reviews

May 30, 2017
This film reminded me of another Austin film, Office Space. This movie could potentially get a cult following for years to come like Office Space. The ensemble was casted very well and the actors become a work family to watch and enjoy. Dan and Maggie, played by David Moxham and Kira Pozehl, are superb in their respective roles. The neat thing about the film is, if you are a middle aged person, it will bring you back to thinking about one of your first jobs that you had during college or to start your career. The only negative was that the sound editing was mediocre at best. Greg Dorchak should be congratulated for putting together an All American story of romance and the selling out of our quirky small businesses to Corporate America.
May 29, 2017
Fun sweet movie. Solid indie film!
May 29, 2017
I thought this was hysterical. The characters are quirky but lovable and the story line was full of little surprises. This is a must see.
May 29, 2017
This is such a funny, well done movie. We enjoyed it more than most movies we've watched recently. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy and loves laughing. I hope they make a sequel of some kind.
May 29, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It's a sweet independent film. the characters are flawed, but lovable. There are a few surprises and love the Austin backdrop...
½ March 3, 2017
Watched for about 30 minutes and could not find any plot, nothing. Just people working. Had to turn it off.
February 23, 2017
Who did this? To me? But really I actually watched part of it. Do not.
½ February 22, 2017
Kopy Kings is one of those movies that proves that you don't have to have a seven or eight figure budget to create a funny, provocative, & intriguing film that can appeal to a wide variety of tastes. The characters in this movie are believable yet highly entertaining to watch. Their hijinks and flaws propel the story forward at a good pace while their charm lets you connect to them, and especially root for the star-crossed lovers to end up together at the end. If you're looking for a movie with the quirkiness of a Wes Anderson flick, the humor of Judd Apatow, with the down-home indie feel of Richard Linklater's early work, check out Kopy Kings.
½ February 19, 2017
A funny Indie film with strong performances and an overall good time.
February 16, 2017
In a perfect world, every movie would end the way Kopy Kings does.... two thumbs up !!!
February 15, 2017
Kopy Kings is a solid workplace romantic comedy in the vein of Waiting or Office Space. A true-indie film, Kopy Kings was made in Austin, TX and employs a wealth of up-and-coming actors. Maggie (Kira Pozehl) and Dan (Dave Mox) are Managers/Almost-Star-Crossed-Lovers at the crazy printing store - Kopy Kings. They could be happy together if they were able to get out of their own way. Along come Brad (Darrell Mitchell) who is both a catalyst for romantic change and office chaos. Rounding out the quirky copy-shop characters are slacker Finny (Patrick Arnez), Moonlighting-Erotic-Chat line-Host Darla (Diana Rose), Flamboyant-Wannabe-Drag-Queen Barry (Joe Bunner) and Mike the nudist (Greg Dorchak). The crew must balance work and fun amidst news that the shop is soon to be sold by longtime benevolent owner, Abe Spinetti. Rounding at the cast are the hilarious graveyard shift members Sarah (Ammie Leonards) and Pip (Frank Kim). Memorable and funny customers add to the joy of this light-feel-good-comedy such as Dr. Jerry, the girls of Delta/Kappa/Phi and the intimidating church lady. The film is masterfully shot in excellent HD by DP Eric Graham. Greg Dorchak's script balances light-hearted fun, romantic tension, along with some edgy bits. Overall, Kopy Kings, succeeds as an entertaining workplace comedy with some non-stereotypical romantic undertones. A great example of worthwhile indie-film from good 'ole Austin, TX. The soundtrack (featuring Bob Schneider) is also strong and leverages the local music scene to full effect.
February 15, 2017
You are going to love this lighthearted, extremely hip and cool indie romantic comedy. the characters are relatable, the acting is first class. The writing is crisp and funny. The story plot and the characters engage you from beginning to end. And the soundtrack is incredible with local bands contributing as well as established musicians like Bob Schneider. Great date night movie. Both guys and gals will laugh and enjoy it. Suitable for all ages. The photography is crisp and engaging too. Spoiler alert: you are gonna want to watch the credits all the way thru!
February 14, 2017
What a fun movie! All the actors seemed like they were having a great time, making it all the more enjoyable. Watch all the way through the credits for a real surprise!
½ February 13, 2017
FUNNY little Indie comedy! Really enjoyed watching this every single time! Instant Cult Classic, I think... Stay through the whole credits at the end... you'll be both glad and sorry you did!
½ January 22, 2017
II liked this movie! A bunch of real characters work together at Kopy King. Seems like a pretty mundane job but these guys somehow seem to make it through each day. It starts out with Maggie, the Manager, trying to hire a new staff person. After several aggravating but hilarious attempts, she finally finds Mr. Right or so she thinks! As the synopsis says, Dan, the Assistant Manager, is in love with Maggie but can't tell her. Then this new guy appears! In the meantime, the other guys and gals do what they must to deal with the customers and each other. One of my favorite scenes is when two sorority girls show up and want to get some printing done. I won't spoil it for you but it's funny! And keep an eye out for Mike, the guy who works in the back. So get your popcorn, soda and candy & relax! You're in for a great time!