Koyla - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Koyla Reviews

½ December 29, 2016
The movie seemed like it was made by an amateur. The characters all overacted. We couldn't watch too much of this.
December 12, 2016
Shankar (Shah Rukh Khan) lives as a peasant boy eventually seeks retribution after learning more about his past involving a mine.
July 1, 2016
This film isn't the type of love story you would expect when you hear it's a movie with Shahrukh Khan. Instead, it's a dark revenge movie. It's surprisingly good as well.
August 16, 2015
Maybe more like 2.5/5 stars. I went into it not expecting much and was pleased that the movie was as decent as it was. It was super predictable but there were places that I wasn't expecting or couldn't anticipate. It was also nice to see a trope handled in a somewhat logical-ish fashion.
½ June 15, 2015
OK Bollywood thriller.
March 23, 2013
This movie is amazing, I don't understand why it has a 56% on here. The plot is very good, so is casting, and so is the ambient music. The movie ranges from very serious scenes, to more comedic scenes, and even romantic scenes. Although these things are expected from a Bollywood movie, this was an instant classic. Additionally it was rated as a good movie by my father, which is very very rare.
May 1, 2011
forgot about it so need to see it again
February 24, 2011
Less promisingly we also have this out...
iLeo
November 20, 2010
Fairly decent. Raja Saheb is a horrible, and conniving, older man who takes pleasure in the misery of others. Proud of the power he wields, he falls for the beautiful, young Gauri and intends to make her his bride. He produces a plan, and presents a picture of Shankar (a young, handsome man who has grown up in the charge of Raja) to Gauri's aunt and uncle, along with a wedding proposal. Initially, Gauri is reluctant but glances at Shankar's picture. Believing that she will marry the young man in the picture, she accepts the proposal. Finding out later, she is deceived and forced into an unwanted marriage with Raja. Gauri and Shankar understand the loneliness and pain in living with Raja and his brother, Brijwa. Hoping to return Gauri to her brother, Shankar protects her while she stays in Raja's home. In the process, Shankar discovers some hidden truth along the way.
Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Amrish Puri, and Johny Lever stars. Worthy!
½ November 17, 2010
KOYLA (1997) - at times this is a little on the silly side, but overall WOW what a fantastic movie!! Suspense and action - this is a real nail biter. Madhuri Dixit is fabulous. SRK's tragic character (an orphaned slave) is mute - though he does burst into song here and there (LOVE the hair and those black leather pants....ahhhhhhh). Especially love the song in the temple with the big drums. Better than I'd expected!
September 14, 2009
songs are good.. a typical 1990 s movie..
August 18, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
August 16, 2009
Foarte frumos filmul
August 13, 2009
This movie was awesome!! I loved all the action. Of course the prerequisite tragedies have to occur for the hero to come back for vengence and this was one of those films. SRK as the mute Shankar was great. The romance that buds between him and Gauri (Madhuri Dixit) is sweet. I thought it was awesome when Shankar starts getting back at the people who did him wrong and Gauri helped him. That's true love. LOL. Really great action fillm with so much heart.
August 13, 2009
May 19, 2009
i love your movie that is like you sweety
May 16, 2009
OMG SO AWESOME!!!! it has a bit of everything:tragedy,love, action, and comedy!!!!!! i was amazed and was not bored EVER!
January 23, 2009
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 3, 2009
Srk and my beautiful Madhuri but minus point is SRK hairstyle and totally unbelievable story line but heck this is bollywood.major pluses: amrish puri's villainouse comedy ,MUSIC ..mmmm...and madhuri looking like a goddess. dekha tujhe to.....
½ September 18, 2008
it is a really good one, i loved the movie. Shahrukh & Madhri and the other old guy (i dont remember the name:P) was great at acting =) this film is a hit. i loved the story