Kramer vs. Kramer Quotes
The top Kramer vs. Kramer quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Ted Kramer: I came home to share with my wife one of the five best days of my life, and she tells me that she doesn't want to live with me anymore! Do you know what she's done?Margaret Phelps: Yes, she loused up one of the five best days of your life.‐ Submitted by Gail S (9 months ago)
- Billy Kramer: I like Boston.Ted Kramer: Boston? Why do you like Boston?Billy Kramer: 'Cause Mommy's from Boston.
- Ted Kramer: Is that what you think? No. That's not it, Billy. Your mom loves you very much... and the reason she left has nothing to do with you. I don't know if this will make sense, but I'll try to explain it to you. I think the reason why Mommy left... was because for a long time... I kept trying to make her be a certain kind of person. A certain kind of wife that I thought she was supposed to be. And she just wasn't like that. She was... She just wasn't like that. I think that she tried for so long to make me happy... and when she couldn't, she tried to talk to me about it. But I wasn't listening. I was too busy, too wrapped up... just thinking about myself. And I thought that anytime I was happy, she was happy. But I think underneath she was very sad. Mommy stayed here longer than she wanted because she loves you so much. And the reason why Mommy couldn't stay anymore... was because she couldn't stand me. She didn't leave because of you. She left because of me. Go to sleep now because it's really late, okay? Good night. Sleep tight
- Billy Kramer: We need cereal.Ted Kramer: Okay, what color?
- Joanna Kramer: I want my son!Ted Kramer: You can't have him.‐ Submitted by Matheus C (5 years ago)
- Billy Kramer: I hate you!Ted Kramer: And I hate you back, you little shit!‐ Submitted by Neptune F (5 years ago)