Die Nibelungen: Kriemhilds Rache (Kriemhild's Revenge) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Nibelungen: Kriemhilds Rache (Kriemhild's Revenge) Reviews

October 1, 2008
One of Lang's lesser-known early films, at least from my perspective. This film is pretty black metal, actually; extremely theatrical and full of burning wooden buildings.
April 25, 2008
Amazingly good epic that was well ahead of it's time.
April 16, 2008
A painting captured in motion. Thea von Harbou and Fritz Lang prophesies the demise of the third riche, while analyzing the psychology of Nazi Germany.
March 2, 2008
I can't give it a rating. If you're not interested in film history or the silent era, watching this will be torture. However...it's one of the most important films ever made and was the first of its kind. I'm beginning to think that every movie ever made is a derivative of his work.
February 28, 2008
A dark chapter 2 to Siegfried's Death where Kriemhilds out on revenge spree. While the first was hero saga and epic then this one is more like a dark, violent Viking drama actioner. Impressive even by today's standards in term of scope and what is acheived. Find it enormously fascinating.
½ February 20, 2008
To be seen, to be believed.
December 19, 2007
Absolutely incredible! Fritz Lang was well before his time as was shown in Metropolis and continued here.

This story is done in two parts, Siegfried and Kriemhildâ??s Revenge. Part one had more technical merit with a rather believable dragon and some other visual effects. Part two was a choreographed wonder with battle scenes down by hundreds.

I found the film long and have to say that using the double frame rate on the DVD between dialogue pages made it easier to sit through. I, of course, went to normal speed with dragon and various other scenes. When Brunhild arrives and walks across the walk of men from the ship you really get a feel of the great imagination that Fritz Lang brought to the big screen. I can almost hear the audience watching in hushed silence and some of the scenes.

If you like silent movies (and especially if you like any Fritz Lang movies) than you have to see this movie.
December 2, 2007
I prefer its sober and murky mood- that offers no escape of doom-to the first part of the film.
November 23, 2007
Again The Lord Fritz!
November 21, 2007
This is the perfect film adaptation of the great story which epitomizes the passionate stoicism for which Deutsche literature is famous. Kriemhild's passion is immense, but she is control of her emotions at all times; not the other way around. She is in control of them enough to methodically build the greatest possible satisfaction for them. This is easily one of the greatest films ever made.
November 14, 2007
great stuff, but make sure you watched siegfried before.
November 13, 2007
Tysk, svartvit, Fritz Lang, hjÀltedÄd - vad mer kan man begÀra?
½ November 10, 2007
Best angst ridden animated dream sequence ever
October 8, 2007
Amazing film, actors almost entirely dependent on there eyes, just watch Krimhild's anger develop.
October 1, 2007
The dragon guarantees its classic status.
September 7, 2007
I wasnna c this flick!
August 30, 2007
Less germans, and more Mongolians, but without this the story would be incomplete. Gargantuan production, visually impressive. A must see.
August 2, 2007
Notorious for its mechanical dragon (wicked!), its cast of hundreds, and its fanatic attention to detail, this epic silent is pretty slow-going until the fantastic climax of K's Revenge. An 80-year-wide gulf of time cannot quell this pic's masterful final hour of suspense. Bless you, Ufa!
July 28, 2007
A 6 hour silent epic of German mythology? Count me in.
July 19, 2007