Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Reviews

September 9, 2017
The movie is romantic, genuine and delivers on its comedic punches. Every scene with Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol (Anjali) had so much chemistry that they will always be the number one jodi. The best scene was them dancing in the rain, and Anjali was absolutely breath-taking. Overall, I highly recommend everyone see this at least once!
August 20, 2017
I loooved it !!!! I love BOLLYWOOD !!! I loved the story,i loved the music.I loved everything in this movie !!! A Bollywood Classic !
May 8, 2017
long and good hindi movie about best friends in college who get separated because of life and love and hoe life and love will try to bring thrm toegther. a lot of dancing.music and dancing and bright colors.
March 25, 2017
how can we see the movie
January 7, 2017
Amazing movie. One of the best Bollywood movies of all time:
October 22, 2016
Wonderful storyline I enjoyed watching this movie
March 3, 2016
This movie was brutal! It took far too many attempts for me to finish it. The little girl was a charming actress though. Story was unique in a way but didn't grab me.
September 12, 2015
Maybe more like a 3.75. This was cute though at times pushed the limits of suspension of disbelief. I liked that there was no villain, but the best stories to me don't really have one.
½ July 31, 2014
the most over rated movie in movie history. They were lucky Salman Khan agreed to guest star in this nonsense.
July 28, 2014
Worst movie ever made in bollywood. The GAY director wanted the dumb audience to watch things which are not real. And the dumb audience in india liked it.
March 18, 2013
all about destiny... and funny characters
½ March 15, 2013
"Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" does a good job including its song and dance numbers into the story and they don't drag the story down (despite it almost 3hr running time it doesn't feel like it's too long). The actors Shahrukh Kan and Kajol do a good job once again in the staring roles (particularly playing young and older versions of their characters) and it's an enjoyable little story. The plot is weak at times, with things happening without any real explanations and some pretty big coincidences, but it's fun Bollywood flick.(Dvd, June 17, 2012)
March 7, 2013
One of the greatest movies of all time and a classic!!
½ February 22, 2013
Let's be real, the acting was good. The story average with some plot holes with some good songs! Bolly can do better....
February 18, 2013
Atleast saw it a 100 times....
True Story!!
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
November 25, 2012
Most of the movies come and go but some exist for years this movie does belong to such category....kajol and srk their best.....this could be watched even 100 times with the same feeling of love each time.....becoz some thing happens
½ October 11, 2012
I ceased watching Hindi movies for a long time, then KKHH came along. What a beautiful story! and I m a fan again. Kajol and Shahrukh Khan are just amazing together
September 29, 2012
Even after so many years, still this movie makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me wanna fall in love again and again and again..true 5 star movie.
September 29, 2012
Bad dialogue and effective storytelling come to an intense confrontation in this long, star-studded Bollywood Hit about friendship and college romance. I'm going to be frank here: This movie possesses some of the most painful and hard-to-sit-through moments I have ever watched in a motion picture --- at least in its first 45 minutes. The overly goofy and silly dialogue combined with the cheesy performances from actors Shahrukh Khan and Kajol all the way to the stage dancers make KKHH feel as downright offensive to my intelligence as this run-on sentence. But once again, I digress...it's really about love, right?

And what love there is, in the juicy, melodramatic plot. KKHH runs on the love triangle formed by the three central characters who meet during college. Needless to say, many things go awry and plenty of volatile emotions are stirred --- so many emotions!

What I like in KKHH is the clever use of flashbacks/back-stories to make it one of the few Bollywood films that actually justifies its two-act structure. The melodic songs were also strong. What I found tedious was the cheesy dialogue, acting, and rather bland dance sequences, the latter of which were surprisingly weak for a Hindi film, especially when compared to the fantastic set pieces of a film like 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.'

Altogether, this is one of the weaker Bollywood "hits" I have seen. It ends in a pretty satisfactory way, but that alone cannot make up for its mind-numbing, juvenile acting and dance scenes that don't deliver the goods. But the main culprit here is once again the poor dialogue. Viewers can either choose to educate themselves on this issue or live in fanboy denial. I maintain that there are two kinds of people in this world --- people that understand what I'm saying, and people that like this vomit-inducing colloquy.