Kull the Conqueror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kull the Conqueror Reviews

½ July 31, 2016
Basically an extended version of a Hercules episode with out the heart or charm. Only die hard Kevin Sorbo fans will put up with this mash mash for 90 or so minutes.
½ April 5, 2016
Kevin Sorbo cosplays Conan the Barbarian in this hackneyed, ridiculous, and stereotypically bad movie. (The end is hilariously ridiculous though)
½ December 21, 2014
The story wasn't that bad, but some actors and dialog is just horrible.
½ September 28, 2014
Since I was fourteen years old when this movie came out (and now I'm thirty-two years old)I'm a great fan of the stories of Robert E. Howard, the unforgettable creator of Conan, The Barbarian.

Howard was a great storyteller and the imaginary world where he develops his stories and heroes, mainly during the Hiborian Age, has a notable charisma. This movie is based in one of the Howard's most famous heroes along with Conan: Kull, the mighty Barbarian who rules over Atlantis. Maybe because of this special interest that I have for Howard's work, "Kull" makes me remember of the paperback books of my youth. In a critical mood, I know this movie is not a great deal. But I have to say I was tighted to the screen and had a great time watchiong this. For me, even Kevin Sorbo was good and convinced. Sorry, fellows, I'm back to my childhood!!!!
April 29, 2014
This started out life as Conan the Conqueror, and it based on Robert E. Howard's 1950 book The Hour of the Dragon. However when Arnold Schwarzenegger refused to return, the producers simply used another Howard hero, Kull as the protagonist. With TV director John Nicolella employed to breath new life into Howard's universe, but the film was brought down by wretched studio interference. Barbarian warrior Kull (Kevin Sorbo) kills King Borna (Sven-Ole Thorsen) in armed combat after Borna goes made and starts killing his own people. As Borna dies, he names Kull as the new king of Valusia out of spite to rightful heir General Taligaro (Thomas Ian Griffith). Taligaro plans to revive Akivasha, Sorceress Queen of Acheron (Tia Carrere), who once ruled over Valusia with an iron fist. She's revived by Taligaro and priest Enaros (Edward Tudor-Pole). Kull is supposedly killed, but he escapes and comes up with a team to go to a distant island, which will lift the curse of Akivasha and reinstate Kull as king, but he faces many challenges and exploits along the way to the island. It was intended to revive Howard's work, and the producers got this made on the back of Dragonheart (1996), and they hoped this would be a big success too. But the test audiences hated the film, it was heavily recut and released before a lot of the special effects were finished. On the plus side, it does have Pat Roach in it.
½ March 3, 2014
This was a fairly predictable story. The special effects were awful, but it is worth at least one watch.
January 4, 2014
This is by no stretch a good movie but it knows exactly what it is and due to a truckload of sword and sorcery silliness and a heavy metal soundtrack I found this entertaining in a laughable sense. This is a perfect example of a movie that is on my "to watch while drunk'" list, then it's a lot of fun. It's not a very long list but it does exist.
November 26, 2013
Kull (Kevin Sorbo), a barbarian and warrior, becomes the king of Valusia when he kills the old king in battle. But to maintain his royal title, Kull must conquer many enemies, including Taligaro (Thomas Ian Griffith) - the head of Valusia's royal guard who wants to take over the throne. In hopes of ousting the king, Taligaro summons Akivasha (Tia Carrere), a 3,000-year-old demon whose looks could be deadly if Kull can't resist her.

I enjoy the fact that this was supposed to be a Conan film with Ah-nuld, but when he refused to sign on the filmmakers changed it to a Kull story (both characters were created by Robert E. Howard). In it, Conan had become the King of Aquilonia (as we saw in the foreshadowing in the first Conan film), instead of all the made-up shit in this film.

They could easily have replaced Conan with Bran Mak Morn, Black Turlogh, Solomon Kane or any of the other loner, mythic warriors that Howard wrote about. They were all pretty much the same. Except that Kane was a Puritan, um, and Conan believed in Crom.
September 15, 2013
Extremely stupid flick that also has a cheesy fun factor.
September 12, 2013
Kevin Sorbo, no shirt, need I say more.
April 11, 2013
A production that clearly had no intention of being good contains a few laughs and some nice costumes for the villainess Tia Carrere. The acting is best left unsaid and the insane inclusion of rock music(?) in the soundtrack tests the viewer's patience.
½ April 6, 2013
Kull, Stop it. You are not Conan.
February 22, 2013
Saw it in theathers, bought the soundtrack (twice)
½ February 13, 2013
This moronic, sanitised version of Conan author Robert E. Howard's pulp fiction superhero of the 1930s is stupidity and fun, also features an irritating heavy-metal rock score. Kevin Sorbo as the sword-wielding hero Kull is pretty much; not as muscled as Howard's other barbarian hero, Conan.
The ever-delectable Tia Carrere plays the red witch who plans to take over the world, and she is absolutely delicious as a supernatural villainess. The fights are clumsily staged, the sets are from hunger, but the dialog is a lot of fun and everyone would appear to be having a good time.
January 22, 2013
God darn this movie is Barbarian AWESOME! We need more cheap fantasy movies like this. Get to work, Hollywood!
December 19, 2012
almost as good as CONAN
November 29, 2012
A really fun and action packed sword-and-sorcery flick inspired by the comics of Robert E. Howard who created Conan, The Barbarian. A entertaining if somewhat campy film with a rockin' soundtrack. Starring Kevin Sorbo (Tv's Hercules) as the title barbarian-hero and the oh-so-hot Tia Carrera as the evil sorceress/she-demon out to dethrone Kull. This is truly one of my favorite fantasy/barbarian films to be released in years.
November 12, 2012
WIth Kevin Sorbo, it becomes a little more interesting.
October 12, 2012
kul kul kul kul . It is not cool
September 2, 2012
This movie was very awesome to watch, but searching for this flick is a hard deal to do