Kung Fu Panda 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Panda 2 Reviews

July 6, 2016
No sequel slump here... the animation is stunning, the action is furious and there are plenty laughs for adults too. One or two familiar aspects, but the story is completely different and we begin to delve deeper into the main character himself. A sequel that will give many inner peace...
Resonant Line: "Po: [stares up a long passage] Ah. My old enemy... stairs!"
July 4, 2016
muy bueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenisima la pelicula,recomendable
½ July 3, 2016
This movie is awesome but Kung fu panda is better
July 1, 2016
A good sequel that proved me wrong.
June 29, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 is better than the first one. This movie has tons of more laughs and is more entertaining. Jack Black does a great job portraying his role as Po the Panda. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 23, 2016
Excellent sequel, not many movies can pull it off but this film sure didn't disappoint.
June 15, 2016
this was the first time i actually cried during an animation because of one scene that touched my deepest emotions regarding a relationship between a mother and son since i lost my mother when i was 8 years old :'(

the facial expressions are very precise and accurate and the fight scenes are creative and original especially king shen's movement.
June 13, 2016
Amping up the stakes and the emotion without forgetting the delightful charm that made the original so great, Kung Fu Panda 2 is a great example on how to handle animated sequels.
June 10, 2016
I saw the first one was not a fan. So I don't think I will like the Trilogy to kung fu panda. But other people may like it
June 9, 2016
Charming and hilarious. This film is so cute you can't help not love it. I thought the peacock's tail as weapon is really cool.
June 5, 2016
Good solid sequel, The fight sequences were better but not as many laughs as the first but still a good fun watch I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but I bet it would of been good with the 3D.
½ May 28, 2016
Nowhere as great as the first one, Kung Fu Panda 2 still offers everything the original, but still feels as if something is missing.
May 27, 2016
It's really good, especially for a sequel.
May 18, 2016
Dreamworks studios' animated movies might still be a little behind Pixar, but they definitely do not go unnoticed. Kung Fu Panda 2 is funny, beautifully animated, and simply enjoyable. It is not only at the same level as the first movie, but also manages to achieve a balance between being a sequel and a film on its own.

I am a big fan of the animation used in Kung Fu Panda, including the sharp, paper-like illustrations that are used to relate events that happened long ago. The characters are perfect for their abilities, and their movements, specially when they're shown in slow motion in this film, are just mesmerizing. As mentioned before, while it is a continuation of the first movie, it is still easy to grasp it without it. There is no need for someone to watch the first Kung Panda movie to understand this... but you will definitely want to see it after watching this.

In this sequel, we learn about the origins of Po, and just like him, we start wondering how he ended up where he now is. We follow him through this adventure which eventually becomes a path of self-discovery. It is needless to say, there are many laughs along the way. Even the action scenes are incredibly hilarious. The fighting inside the dragon scene, in particular, made me laugh a little too much (Had to mention it).

The film's conclusion is particularly satisfying and opens a whole new plot for a third sequel, leaving you wondering and longing for more. While the plot is in fact, somewhat repetitive to the first movie, it feels completely new. As a result Kung Fu Panda 2, with it's music, animation, comedy style, and lovable characters offers just as much as the original.
April 17, 2016
Sheer entertainment, energetic action sequences, an awesome villain, great voice acting, cool storyline, creativity and lavish animation is what makes Kung Fu Panda 2 a very good successor to the also great Kung Fu Panda.

However Kung Fu Panda 2 is not as good as Kung Fu Panda, it lacked the mysterious/magical feel the original had, and i remember the first one being much more hilarious. That doesnt mean Kung Fu Panda 2 doesnt have its funny moments.
Also the ending is quite bad, just like in Kung Fu Panda 3

Kung Fu Panda 2 is the least good movie out of the trilogy, but nonetheless pretty entertaining
½ April 3, 2016
Lovely animation, pulsating choreography and wicked voice work add up to a sequel that's better than the original.
March 28, 2016
It goes on exploring no new themes, and yet "Kung Fu Panda 2" stands out as an improvement over the original thanks to one efficient, darker and deeper story, good character development, a truly menacing villain and spectacular animation.
March 21, 2016
Es que esta franquicia no sabe hablar de temas que no traten del malvado villano que quiere acabar con los afamados guerreros. Es lo mismo que la primera, y lo posterior, es mas de los mismo.
½ March 12, 2016
Not good as the last one, but still good