Kung Fu Panda 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Panda 2 Reviews

June 9, 2016
Charming and hilarious. This film is so cute you can't help not love it. I thought the peacock's tail as weapon is really cool.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
Good solid sequel, The fight sequences were better but not as many laughs as the first but still a good fun watch I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but I bet it would of been good with the 3D.
½ May 28, 2016
Nowhere as great as the first one, Kung Fu Panda 2 still offers everything the original, but still feels as if something is missing.
May 27, 2016
It's really good, especially for a sequel.
May 18, 2016
Dreamworks studios' animated movies might still be a little behind Pixar, but they definitely do not go unnoticed. Kung Fu Panda 2 is funny, beautifully animated, and simply enjoyable. It is not only at the same level as the first movie, but also manages to achieve a balance between being a sequel and a film on its own.

I am a big fan of the animation used in Kung Fu Panda, including the sharp, paper-like illustrations that are used to relate events that happened long ago. The characters are perfect for their abilities, and their movements, specially when they're shown in slow motion in this film, are just mesmerizing. As mentioned before, while it is a continuation of the first movie, it is still easy to grasp it without it. There is no need for someone to watch the first Kung Panda movie to understand this... but you will definitely want to see it after watching this.

In this sequel, we learn about the origins of Po, and just like him, we start wondering how he ended up where he now is. We follow him through this adventure which eventually becomes a path of self-discovery. It is needless to say, there are many laughs along the way. Even the action scenes are incredibly hilarious. The fighting inside the dragon scene, in particular, made me laugh a little too much (Had to mention it).

The film's conclusion is particularly satisfying and opens a whole new plot for a third sequel, leaving you wondering and longing for more. While the plot is in fact, somewhat repetitive to the first movie, it feels completely new. As a result Kung Fu Panda 2, with it's music, animation, comedy style, and lovable characters offers just as much as the original.
April 17, 2016
Sheer entertainment, energetic action sequences, an awesome villain, great voice acting, cool storyline, creativity and lavish animation is what makes Kung Fu Panda 2 a very good successor to the also great Kung Fu Panda.

However Kung Fu Panda 2 is not as good as Kung Fu Panda, it lacked the mysterious/magical feel the original had, and i remember the first one being much more hilarious. That doesnt mean Kung Fu Panda 2 doesnt have its funny moments.
Also the ending is quite bad, just like in Kung Fu Panda 3

Kung Fu Panda 2 is the least good movie out of the trilogy, but nonetheless pretty entertaining
½ April 3, 2016
Lovely animation, pulsating choreography and wicked voice work add up to a sequel that's better than the original.
March 28, 2016
It goes on exploring no new themes, and yet "Kung Fu Panda 2" stands out as an improvement over the original thanks to one efficient, darker and deeper story, good character development, a truly menacing villain and spectacular animation.
March 21, 2016
Es que esta franquicia no sabe hablar de temas que no traten del malvado villano que quiere acabar con los afamados guerreros. Es lo mismo que la primera, y lo posterior, es mas de los mismo.
½ March 12, 2016
Not good as the last one, but still good
March 6, 2016
The saying "not as good as the second time around" doesn't accommodate with this film. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of those rare sequels that is better than the original. It ups the comedy, it ups the animation, it ups the drama, this sequel has everything you'd find in a good movie! One of the strengths in this movie is Gary Oldman as the evil Lord Shen. He is what I think of when I hear "great villain." Kung Fu Panda 2 might be one of those rare perfect films. This series just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
February 27, 2016
A downgrade from previous installment; "Kung Fu Panda 2" might delight the young, but for adults you may find it disappointing due to its new kiddie-like nature and its been-there, done-that story. The villain was cliche and less terrifying than his predecessor. True, his intentions were darker and crazier, but he's something we already seen before. Still, the movie is saved thanks to its strong messages about finding who you are and what it means to have a family. A nice move by Dreamworks for sure.
February 23, 2016
A solid sequel that's probably just as good as the first movie. How have they managed to make talking animals not annoying?
February 22, 2016
nowhere near as good as the first
February 22, 2016
I was a little disappointed by this movie, simply because Po now became some sort of Harry Potter, who can do basically anything. The story is not as intriguing as the one from the first movie, but still follows the same principal. Still, a good movie, so I can't go to harsh on it.
½ February 22, 2016
Better than other Dreamworks material.
February 21, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 obviously doesn't surpass it's predecessor, but it still keeps a steady record for the Kung Fu Panda series which might create more plotline
½ February 15, 2016
A worthy successor to one of the finest Kung Fu movies ever.
February 13, 2016
Kung Fu Panda surpassed the third movie and the first. It was so touching and intresting. The comedy was well organised and thought through. everything was balanced and flowed nicely. A background of Po's true self, death, and friendship. Marvelous