Kung Fu Panda 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Panda 2 Reviews

February 22, 2016
nowhere near as good as the first
February 22, 2016
I was a little disappointed by this movie, simply because Po now became some sort of Harry Potter, who can do basically anything. The story is not as intriguing as the one from the first movie, but still follows the same principal. Still, a good movie, so I can't go to harsh on it.
½ February 22, 2016
Better than other Dreamworks material.
February 21, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 obviously doesn't surpass it's predecessor, but it still keeps a steady record for the Kung Fu Panda series which might create more plotline
½ February 15, 2016
A worthy successor to one of the finest Kung Fu movies ever.
February 13, 2016
Kung Fu Panda surpassed the third movie and the first. It was so touching and intresting. The comedy was well organised and thought through. everything was balanced and flowed nicely. A background of Po's true self, death, and friendship. Marvelous
½ February 9, 2016
really good family film
February 9, 2016
It may be slightly better than Kung Fu Panda 1 with it's ambitious action sequences and voice acting. One of Dreamworks better animations however it still doesn't stack up to Pixar. Worth a watch.
February 6, 2016
Just as good or better than the original!
February 6, 2016
One of the best animated movies of all time.
½ February 5, 2016
I actually love the second one even more. It takes all the aspects of what made the first one great and takes it to the next level. It doesn't feel like they rehashed the story from its predecessor like what most sequels do. We see Po already evolved into a strong and admirable warrior. I believe that there is a very strong connection between him, Shifu, and The Furious Five as they have grown a lot of respect for him. I love the backstory with the villain. It's so interesting and it makes you understand his motivations. I feel like there's a lot more to this villain than the one from the first film. Maybe it's because his backstory connects with Po's backstory and it made him a very compelling character. Plus, he's voiced by Gary Oldman. How awesome is that? Like the first one, it is very funny. It's humor both children and adults can enjoy. The action is a lot of fun and very well animated. They balance the comedy and action with quite a bit of drama. I was pretty surprised by how seriously the film can take itself. You get into the relationship of Po and his adoptive father, the friendship between him and Tigress, and the backstory of Po and his family. These scenes get pretty emotional actually. The dramatic aspect is what makes me really love this movie. KUNG FU PANDA 2 is probably among of my top five favorites from DreamWorks Animation. Maybe even top three!

Grade: A
February 1, 2016
Damn! And I mean Damn, I was not expecting to cry at this!
January 31, 2016
Not as gnarly as the first, but still pretty gnarly.
January 31, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 builds on the original in new and compelling ways without compromising its new found dramatic depth.
Grade: B+
8 out of 10:

Review soon
½ January 31, 2016
3.5/5 The action, animation and voice work are all magnificent, especially a stand-out performance from Gary Oldman as the sequel's sinister villain. However, the pacing can feel a bit awkward and the writing, both humourous and emotional, doesn't always hit the mark.
January 31, 2016
1/31/2016: Good, but 1st one was better.
January 31, 2016
A worthwhile sequel that provides an interesting depth to the unique protagonist while retaining the original's talented animation and tastes in the action and comedic energy with some extra warmth. However, the comedic energy sometimes went overboard to the point of being silly and frivolous. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ January 31, 2016
Villain peacock with gun powder did not convince me
½ January 31, 2016
Animation in this is even more stunning than the first film. The story is some what darker and more dramatic as well.