Kung Fu Wing Chun (Gong Fu Yong Chun) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Wing Chun (Gong Fu Yong Chun) Reviews

May 26, 2013
Noch lustig und tolle Kung Fu Kampfszenen. Dennoch kommt der Film nicht annähernd an das tolle Original mit Michelle Yeoh heran.
½ June 11, 2012
a mixture of funny and drama, i liked it!
November 8, 2011
This is what I thought it's very familiar with classics such as 1994's Wing Chun starring Michelle Yeoh that told the story of the origins of the martial arts style. The action here comes in intense does as Wing Chun fights off her goes like the original, especially at the ending.
The romantic part of the movie started off with a misunderstanding, like the original, that eventually is reconciled in a funny yet touching manner, and it helps to have Yuen Wah and Yuen Qiu to bolster the funniness, though the leads certainly carried the film. Shaoqun Yu is convincing as the scholarly gentlemen Bao Chou who eventually sees the quality in Wing Chun, while Wing Chun herself is played winningly by Jing Bai, who I have never seen before but played the part beautifully. And I recognised who played Wing Chun's master, Ng Mui, was Kara Hui known as "Auntie" in 1981's My Young Auntie, she still looks the same in her recently age.
deano