Secrets of Women (Kvinnors Väntan) (Waiting Women) Reviews

• Oct 15, 2014

2nd tier Bergman for me, but it was good enough to hold my interest.

2nd tier Bergman for me, but it was good enough to hold my interest.

• Jun 15, 2014

Another powerful depiction of women's lives through the honest approach of the masterful Bergman.

• Jan 13, 2014

This mostly light-hearted comedy was written by Bergman during what he considered a dark time in his life -- which seems strange, considering how much fun the film is.

• Nov 07, 2011

Gunnar Fischer's black and white photography for Bergman in the 50's is wondrous, and there's plenty of dream-like beauty in this lesser known gem.

• Apr 08, 2011

An early Bergman that offers some truly insipirational moments, which hint at what splendid films are yet to come. The elevator scene is absolutely marvellous.

• Sep 11, 2010

Näin Ingmar Bergman-noviisina vertailukohdat puuttuvat tietenkin täysin, mutta ihan lupaava alku. Kävi opiskelijan vaihtoehtoiseen perjantain viettoon.

• May 17, 2010

(*** 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] A well-acted film. AKA: [i]Waiting Women[/i]

• Cassandra M Super Reviewer
    Dec 13, 2009

I love this movie; although not amongst Bergman's best, it is very funny in parts and should not be shunned. Perhaps slightly overlong - each time I watch it I wait impatiently for the lift-scene near the end of the film - but very much worthwhile. Indeed, the scene in the lift with Gunnar Bjornstrand (great actor) and Eva Dahlberg is fascinating, funny and frivolous - for the year it was made.

• Sep 29, 2009

A pretty good early Bergman film. Rather light, but entertaining. Three sisters-in-law share stories about their husbands. Each has something to offer the viewer. The first is the most typically Bergman, and contains a bit of his insight. The second is the least interesting, but does feature a beautifully shot dance sequence and some other nice cinematic touches. The third is the most rewarding, a wonderfully warm and comic story. Very nice.

• Jul 14, 2009

Bergman's analysis of relationships through intense dialogue is one that requires a lot of attention to detail, but one that is frightening accurate and still relevant today.