Kyűketsu Sh˘jo tai Sh˘jo Furanken (Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kyűketsu Sh˘jo tai Sh˘jo Furanken (Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl) Reviews

April 6, 2016
Bizarre melange of the exploitation that we no longer get in Western filmmaking tradition and that which we never (thankfully) had. Occasionally funny, but not enough so to be worthwhile.
January 28, 2016
This is the greatest movie ever made. They cover bad characters and horrific scenes with just all the blood.
November 16, 2015
Very gorey, very odd and pretty absurd. Didn't watch much as it was triggering me. Some disturbing scenes in it. You were warned.
July 26, 2014
Really cringeably awful, but that's part of its charm. I don't think I will be looking for a repeat anytime soon, but enjoyed it and added an extra star for introducing me to metal mouse in the end credits. Now there's a song to drive you crazy (needless to say I was all over it on iTunes by the time it finished playing)
½ June 8, 2014
It may be all style for the most part, but Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl is too bizarre to pass up. It's chaotic, bloody (sometimes the digital blood feels cheap, but there's some practical blood too), riske, and... well, fucked. At some point, it'll be cute and humorous, at another it will be violent and dark, it's such a crazy mis-mash so don't look for a consistent tone. Those with a weaker tolerance for violence will want to pass on this for sure, but if you're up for something so insanely silly, unexpected, and off-puttingly bizarre but fun to watch, given that the film's offbeat humor and violence are the showcase over anything substance-wise other than a simple fight for romance sort of plot in a high school setting, then check this film out. If you've seen enough Japanese films, you know how weird they can be, so some of it to me is no surprise! Hell, I'd call them twisted geniuses for making this kind of stuff.
½ May 8, 2014
Splatterfest with little originality. I guess I made it through to the end, though.
May 8, 2014
There wasn't anything I didn't like about this movie. Another masterpiece from the Tokyo gore team
December 30, 2013
Plenty of blood and typical Japan crazy horror. Not much of a story and just a whole bunch of fun and laughs.
November 17, 2013
E-to. Come commenti questo film? Lo vogliamo considerare arte sperimentale? Lo vogliamo considerare un fumettone? Un film vero e proprio? Cos'Ŕ? Mah.
(x/5) Mah. No, davvero. Mah. Per˛ non era brutto.
½ May 28, 2013
you can not call these movies good but they definatyly are entertaining and i absolutly appreciate what sushi typhoon is doing. I love the over the top blood spraying and ultra violence with a twisted sense of humor but with this movie and robo-geisha they almost pushed the cheese factor a little to far. Still it was definatly entertaining and i will continue to support sushi typhoon. One little problem i had with this movie was at least one scene where someones head is cut off and blood is pooring everywhere, it was way to obvious that there were hoses spraying fake blood in from 3 different directions just barely out of camera view, opposed to just from the open kneck woujnd. Im not sure if this was intentional or not but it just added to the cheapness. W/e though, youll either love it or hate it and although there are many flaws i still love whats going on here.
February 27, 2013
Racist, over the top gore, and makes fun of every culture in existence, awesome film
½ January 18, 2013
First half was awesome.
½ December 11, 2012
A Masterpiece Of Fucked Up Awesomeness! An Amazing Gore Show!
½ December 9, 2012
Worse than it sounds.
½ September 2, 2012
While I enjoyed the cartoony violence and fountains of spraying blood the film overdoses on that wacky Japanese humor that I just don't get.
August 14, 2012
I like this more than "Tokyo Gore Police." its outrageous, but actually has a decent plot line than TGP. Still got the cheasy gore, and the "Cutters club" but was a tolerant movie to watch. 4/5 stars.
½ July 28, 2012
Over the top goofy and weird. It looked pretty cool. A lot of just crazy things. There was a wrist cutter's club. Some weird African girl click. A vampire. Dr. Frankenstein...

Just weird. It was meant to be funny and not too serious. Some of it was pretty bad ass. I liked the fighting.
There was a ridiculous amount of blood in this movie. Everything caused a water fountain of blood.

The plot of this is a vampire and a bratty girl are fighting over this guy. Both girls are pretty shitty. The vampire is pretty heartless. She tried to cute, but just ends up being annoying (cute, though). The other girl is clingy and annoying. So, it's a lose lose situation.
June 30, 2012
Fans of Meatball Machine and Tokyo Gore Police should enjoy this. It really turns up the ridiculous to 11 and raises the bar for Japanese splatter comedy. Kawamura proves to be an excellent talent/knockout and the cameo by Shiina is epic. The directing is very eye-catching, there is little down-time. Lots of laughs and surprises, a satisfying movie.
June 2, 2012
In my opinion it's actually kind of funny, weird but I couldn't stop watching, more along the lines of crazy-weird.
May 21, 2012
As expected, tons of blood and goriness, but with good humour and was never a dull moment. It takes the mick at some Japanese subcultures, the one I like most is the stab at suicide (school wrist cutting club... lol)