L: Change the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

L: Change the World Reviews

September 17, 2016
L: Change the World takes the entire time to give reasons why L matters when the anime should have done that entirely. Unlike the two live-action Death Note movies, this one works.
½ December 15, 2014
Although several anime lovers may fall in love with this movie just at the title, it's common storyline was brought down by the common girl who causes all of the trouble, and honestly made the movie difficult to watch any time she appeared on the screen. I also didn't think that the L people recognized would be so caring for children. Aside from that, L's detective skills fit perfectly with the nature of the film, and some scenes did manage to give me some sense of emotion.
July 7, 2014
Not as good as the first 2, but still good.
February 23, 2014
Very interesting film, Ken'ichi as L was marvelous. He was so interesting to watch, I wouldn't make seeing the other live action films
March 1, 2013
Wasn't to sure before i watched it if it would be any good but i loved it. would of gave it 5 stars if there was more about the death note series and the death gods.
February 28, 2013
L changed the world, Alex changed my rating.
½ February 25, 2013
Disappointingly, I looked forward to this movie and I was rather let down by its lack of good story and goos acting, for its just a scrap movie to get that extra buck out from the comic serie and the fans, see it if you really really really want to but, I doubt you'll be pleased.
January 13, 2013
Not a great movie but it provide an interesting take on the origin and mission of L and gives a much better insight in Near. I'm glad I expanded the animie review of the films by saying the live action one after, especially this one. (I should add I think the "Another Note" novel likewise illuminates important aspects of other charcters, including L and his retinue.
January 6, 2013
This film is completely unnecessary, even though It is a pleasure to watch L playing his character.
December 27, 2012
L was a created hero, yet they successfully made it convincing. He's a character from Deathnote, but in this film, I liked it that they made him like normal person just doing what he thought he's supposed to do, even though he knew he'd die in 23 days. This time he's trying to save the world without much help!
November 4, 2012
L just isn't as an interesting character as Light and that goes for this movie which focuses on the last 23 days of the character as he goes up againt eco-terrorists.
July 15, 2012
Unbelievably silly. Entertaining fluff, but it really cashes in on the fame of Death Note while having nothing to do with it.
½ June 2, 2012
L is an interesting, funny character.. but his own movie? Ehh.. it's alright, but it isn't nowhere near as good as Death Note. Without Light Yagami, there's noone for L to really challenge or play off of, this movie sorely misses that. So instead we get a jaded bio-terror plot, go figure.
½ June 2, 2012
I think they casted L really well. Ken'ichi Matsuyama plays his character really well, and theres something very sweet about the way he develops in the film. It's a gorgeous film and it's surely my favourite Death Note film. The story is much more different from the other Death Note movies - it doesn't have much to do with the book itself. There's nothing of the paranormal here and the characters are more intellegent. Hideo Nakata has proven that he can not only make horror films, but make a drama with everything we want in that type of film. Fans of the character L should love this, because his so likeable in this. It's a lovely film!
½ May 13, 2012
It really could have so much better, but it was still interesting
April 29, 2012
A needless extention to the previous two. Although the story was kind of interesting, it has nothing to do with the anime. It's completely out of place. But I do have to say it was somewhat entertaining, albeit confusing at times. They were right to omit the title "Death Note" from this. I am not sure why they used L as the main character, as he was not involved in this story in the anime. They could have used someone else for the main character, rather than changing L's personality to fit a story he didn't belong in anyway.
½ April 21, 2012
A terrible terrible movie (1 star) but featuring Kenichi Matsuyama's fascinating and beautiful portrayal of L (5 stars). I did cry at the end, though.
February 9, 2012
Maybe worth watching once just to see L's face! but it doesn't feel at all like Death Note and the child characters don't do enough to save the long jee-pity of the film. The plot doesn't seem worth enough to be what L was doing in his final days. It falls flat of substance and the bad guys have no personalities.