La Boheme Reviews

• Jan 27, 2019

The best romance movie ever made!

The best romance movie ever made!

• Nov 10, 2013

The very impressive yet very dramatic film that is the story that was used 70+ years later for moulin rogue. Lillian Gish the main heroine in this film is utterly fantastic & completely steals the show as the beautiful waif struggling with Tuberculosis. Although this film is a little but dramatic it has some tender & honest scenes that are quite touching. Gish added such a dimension as an actress her realism was so a head of her peers.

• Oct 22, 2013

"Our concern for the loss of our friends is not always from a sense of their worth, but rather of our own need of them and that we have lost some who had a good opinion of us." Even though this was a silent film, the cast did a marvelous job expressing a wide range of emotions through their delicately choreographed physical movements but importantly, through their wonderfully emotional facial expressions. Lillian Gish's angelic face was so gorgeous that she was incredibly charming to behold and was so mesmerizing to watch. She absolutely ruled the screen. Her huge, puppy-dog eyes were especially expressive-- she was able to relay joy and sorrow without uttering a single word, and she didn't need to because her eyes spoke volumes. Her portrayal of Mimi was the epitome of the noble, strong heroine and was so moving that one can't help but feel for her character. I am unfamiliar with the actual story of La Boheme, so I can't speak for how accurately the film's portrayal was of the source material, but the story that they did portray in the film was just so sad and yet so enlightening. You can see how much Mimi loved her Rodolphe that she would move mountains in order to help him attain his dreams even if that meant her own destruction. How awesome is that? I absolutely adored this film, beautifully acted and wonderful story, and I look forward to seeing more film adaptations of the story as well as read the source material itself because it just seems like a very interesting tale.

• Oct 14, 2013

The acting is just out of this world! Very good story telling, I would totally recomend this movie to anyone!

• Apr 23, 2012