La Orgía nocturna de los vampiros (Orgy of the Vampires)(Grave Desires)(Vampire Night Orgy) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Orgía nocturna de los vampiros (Orgy of the Vampires)(Grave Desires)(Vampire Night Orgy) Reviews

October 11, 2015
This movie is turrible; the high rating reflects the level of enjoyment I get from watching it! Scary scary vampires go crazy at night and eat body parts to cheesy "Spagetti western"music.
366weirdmovies
May 9, 2014
A group of servants are stranded in a mysterious village when their bus breaks down. Great title, but terribly misleading: a more accurate description for this snoozer would be THESE VAMPIRES MIGHT BORE YE.
December 12, 2013
Unfollowable, confusing, and utterly dull. The atmosphere is decent and the characters are s-so, but the forgettable story and the small amount of vampire scenes make this film mostly lacking.
October 28, 2012
Despite the title, there isn't actually a vampire orgy in this movie.
August 7, 2012
The Vampire Night Orgy (AKA Grave Desires, AKA Orgy of the Vampires) is nowhere near as intriguing as its title would suggest. It may be a cult movie, but its not that great a cult movie. To be fair, its not complete garbage either. It's not nonsensical or full of howl-inducing visuals or dialogue. It has a slight cynical edge to it, and it sort of knows what it is and what it's doing. If you look at it that way, it's actually worth a watch or two. Don't get me wrong though. There's plenty of horrible dialogue and cheesy moments to go around (especially with the vampires themselves), but it seems to be trying to do something more than other movies like it. I particularly liked the seduction scene wherein the Countess bites her lover and then throws him over the balcony to the waiting vampires below. The story seems common by today's standards, too. A group of tourists find their way to a small village after the driver has had a heart attack, only to be taken out one by one by the vampires of the village. I also liked the ax-wielding maniac who will do basically anything that the Countess says, not to mention the cannibalism. It's definitely not a boring movie, but it isn't completely good either. It's very much like The Wicker Man, which I'd say is the movie's biggest cinematic soul mate. I'd suggest a rental, or even pick it up if you can find it somewhere cheap.
December 2, 2010
Hokey Spanish horror film, the acting isn't too bad though and it starts out pretty well, but it sinks into some very silly scenes.
December 2, 2010
When a movie starts with vampire love scenes set to jazz music-which are neither sexy nor scary- and ends with a metaphorical gang rape and the murder of a young girl by a ghost-like boy, one realizes that there were some serious directing errors that occurred. On top of this, the story does not presume enough, the filming style is dull, and the music (as already alluded to) is just wrong for the film.
December 2, 2010
The discovery of Charles Bronson's long lost brother Guido was definitely the driving force of the film.
½ December 2, 2010
If you're going to sell me on the idea that your movie will contain an orgy, you better damn well deliver! But in all seriousness, this was pretty terrible low-budget horror, since the plot was nonsensical and the characters are about as likable as a splintered stake through the heart--which now that I think about it, this movie deserves one.
½ December 2, 2010
This was a pleasant surprise. The one thing I love when seeing older movies like this is a well shot movie. The acting wasn't too bad, I think the story was pretty decent. Some good scary stuff going on here. The movie was greatly hindered by the soundtrack though. Sometimes the music was scary but most of the time it sounded almost like a Spaghetti Western and other times like a "Peanuts" cartoon. I recommend it though. If you like "fun" cheesy scary movies then this is right down your alley.
½ December 2, 2010
Was part of a 100 horror movie disc set I got at Costco (100 movies from the 30s to the late 80s). The title is very misleading, misleading almost every way. All this movie is a cheap Spanish vampire/zombie flick. However i must say it does a decent job with creeping you out at times. Outside of that, fairly cheap in every way.
½ September 17, 2008
Quintessential euro horror trash. Vampires, cannibalism, a little nudity, and the typical lame dubbed dialogue and incongruous music. Director Leon Klimovsky's The Dracula Saga is a more polished effort, but if you just want a quick fix of tacky horror, The Vampires Night Orgy might be your ticket. Just don't expect to see anything resembling an orgy.
January 13, 2008
Awful. But I would like to pick up the soundtrack and listen to it on repeat forever.
October 9, 2007
Really surprising. It's pure grindhouse fare. Nothing but sex, violence, and awesome music. Tarantino must have been influenced by this movie's soundtrack while making Kill Bill. This movie is hilarious, creepy, and somehow entertaining as hell.
½ June 3, 2007
Actually i was positively surprised by this movie. Nice photography, i really like those bleak nasty faces of the villagers in the night. Also i like the cheezy but funky soundtrack. But isn't this movie from 1968 and not 1973?