La Soufrière - Warten auf eine unausweichliche Katastrophe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Soufrière - Warten auf eine unausweichliche Katastrophe Reviews

February 17, 2009
There is no denying that Herzog will go to great lengths to document the wired and wonderful events that occur on our little planet, even a volcano wont stop him! Another fantastic documentary by Herzog who sets up his camera when everyone else has run!
September 14, 2008
This is perhaps the quintessential Werner Herzog documentary and his clearest expression of his theme of the collective threat of disaster that faces civilization from nature. The subtitle of the film is, after all, "Waiting for an Inevitable Disaster." Here the "disaster" is the volcano of the title that was showing all indications of a massive explosion that never occurs. Herzog and a small crew go to the island to film, which is totally deserted except for a few peasants who decide to stay. One of them expresses his wish to remain and die as it is part of Godâ??s will. Eventually, the volcano does not erupt, but that somehow does not save us from the feeling that disaster is still not inevitable. Are we, thus, all supposed to behave like versions of the lunatic peasant Herzog encounters, serenely waiting for our deaths?
August 30, 2008
Interessante. O Herzog é louco mesmo, só ele pra ir num vulcão prestes a explodir.
½ August 15, 2008
Not Herzog's best by far, actually quite boring
½ July 3, 2008
This is the Werner Herzog we know and love, the badass superhero tempting fate by visiting a volcano on the verge of eruption. A dense, thoroughly satisfying short work. Wonderful, brilliant narration, especially right at the end.
March 1, 2008
Remarkable and inspiring! It reminds me of all the documentaries we'd watch in elementary and middle school about the Earth's natural disasters. They should have showed us this! I can't wait to find a volcano and film its probable eruption!
½ October 22, 2007
An awesome short. Eerie and tense. But also, strangely peaceful and beautiful - what I imagine it might be like to accept your fate.
October 15, 2007
funny how when trying to film something that never ends up happening can still make for a interesting film.
½ August 14, 2007
ever want to know what it's like to climb the side of a volcano as it may or may not erupt? me neither. leave it to Herzog then
July 23, 2007
amazing short / documentary!