La fée (The Fairy) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La fée (The Fairy) Reviews

May 16, 2019
super strange, I didn't really get the point.
August 30, 2017
Very uneven movie. At times it was clever and amusing. But at other times it was too infantile and went after those cheap laughs. The movie was not very good, but it wasn't bad either. There was something magical and captivating and I couldn't let my eyes go off the movie even for a second. The main couple were lovely. So all in all a positive experience. :)
½ July 15, 2016
Not sweet, not fun, just not
May 21, 2015
Clearly, a great deal of talent went into this film. Essentially it is a collection of sleekly choreographed circus and slapstick bits put together within the context of a silly little story. I found it tedious and too long, but some will enjoy the style. I really do not see all that much of inspired Tati work here. It is not that clever.
December 8, 2014
I just love these guys. I'll probably watch it again and again.
February 23, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
December 10, 2013
This show is crazy!!!!
½ December 8, 2013
It is funny in a very very weird way!!!
November 10, 2013
French movies are very weird sometimes. This is one of those times. Cute and quirky.
October 27, 2013
It would be easy to switch the off as soon as you realised that you don't get French comedy but you gotta adjust to it and then be appreciative that original foreign comedies can offer a totally different experience to what you're used to. By the end I can say that I really enjoyed this, as daft as it is.
½ August 25, 2013
French absurdity that does have its splendid moments, but it falls short in the big picture. It is an odd one, but you can see they have potential.
July 19, 2013
A wonderful blend of slapstick, fairy tale, romance, and dry humor, all in perfect balance. This is the perfect feel-good movie. Do yourself a favor and watch it.
April 23, 2013
¡Está como muy loca ésta Peli! :D
March 7, 2013
Didn't light my fire...and was wishing I could have left
February 8, 2013
French humor I like!
December 18, 2012
The Fairy (La Fée) French-Belgian comedy film written and directed by Dominique Abel, Fiona Gordon and Bruno Romy, all of them are famous Belgian comedians, starring in the lead.

Abel a night-shift worker at cheap-hotel nearby seaport of La Havre, one night allows Fiona a fairy (to stay at his hotel, in return she allows him to put his three wishes to her: firstly he asks for motorbike and secondly for lifetime free-of-cost petrol. While, he could not think of the third wish. The next morning due to some hassle he could not note down a number that she asks him on phone to contact her. Thus, starts the search for her all over Le Havre.

It should be praised for funny performance from lead actors, and comedic-style which is rarely found in European movies.

NOTE: This concludes my 1400th review!
½ December 10, 2012
Boring. I never got through the whole movie.
½ December 8, 2012
The Fairy, is a quirky comedy that does not follow the rules of social norms. This movie is so awkward that it's funny. The most absurd situations occur but the characters effortlessly able to remove themselves. The movie tells a story but does so using more movement than words. The actors are also the directors and the writers of the screenplay. The wackiness of the movie makes it hard to watch, but the reasons behind it make it bearable. The main female character is clearly insane, and it is shown when she is shuttled back to the insane asylum. The progression of people throughout the movie make is as entertaining as it is unrealistic. It is as though we are shown the world through the mind of a crazy person. The best idea in the movie is that love can overcome adversity. Secondly, that diversity between people does not always draw them apart, but rather bring them together. The entire movie brings out the notion that bad situations can actually turn into a positive experience. For example, Dom almost chokes to death, but then wakes up to a brand new scooter. The unrealistic situations that occur make this movie suspenseful and comedic. The natural ability of the actors created one of the most imaginative films yet. Their comedic sense and natural body language make them likeable characters. The movie just didn't deliver though. The actors/directors have a very unique style though that just doesn't seem to fit into the era. The unrealistic-ness of the movie just doesn't end. It couldn't get worse than a blind waiter, a trio of illegal immigrants or the duo dancing at the bottom of the ocean. It is one of those movies that require a person to have a quirky sense of humor in order to like it. The movie allows you take a step back from reality as you are immersed in a crazy world. Fiona makes huge impacts on the world wherever she goes and does things that most wouldn't consider. She is a likeable character as we almost feel bad for her. Their love story is a breath of fresh air though because it shows that love knows no bounds. The cafe in which they have their first date is named "Love is Blurred" seems to be the motto for the entire movie. The props that are chosen make this movie comedic as well. Instead of having to focus on the awkwardness between characters, you are distracted by an outrageous prop. For example, when Fiona is checking into the hotel she is given a pen shaped as the Eiffel Tower. It encourages the new silent comedy in French film such as the mimes. It openly shows the free expression tolerated in French cinema.
December 7, 2012
The Fairy was your typical quirky, awkward, French love story. The two main stars were Dominque Abel and Fiona Gordon were excellently cast, portraying two extremely awkward people looking for love and finding it in the most peculiar places. When the movie starts, you meet Dom, the night shift hotel clerk desperately trying to eat a sandwich. That is when Fiona, the self-acclaimed fairy comes and rocks his world.

The two instantly connect, and after what was insinuated as a raunchy night on the floor of the hotel lobby, Fiona grants Dom his two wishes: a scooter and free gas for life.

The couple then goes on many wild escapades that lands Fiona in a mental hospital and in the end, Dom in prison. Throughout all of this though, Dom and Fiona manage to keep their wildly awkward love firey hot. They participate in many spontaneous interpretative dance scenes and in the end, they run off into the distance being pursued by the cops.

The biggest idea that that arose from this film was that regardless of the trials that love can undergo, it will prevail if it really is true. Regardless of Fiona being taken to an asylum, Dom ended up in prison, and Fiona magically vanishing for a short time, they still managed to have a happy (but quirky) life with a child.

Overall, if you are in to the traditional quirky French films, this one is a must see. Even though the humor is dry and occasionally is eye-rollable, this movie is well worth the watch.
November 30, 2012