La Fidelite Reviews

• Feb 03, 2018

This is a great movie by Sophie Marceau and Canet, I think it is one of most developed Character played by Marceau, the conflict between desire and the rationality, Canet is quite charming in the movie and rebellious, really love it!

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Nov 14, 2015

A hotshot avant-garde photographer with time-honored principles who has never known love decides to marry an adoring suitor anyway, then meets a talented, impulsive, and reckless photojournalist who tempts her wild side. Can she stay faithful to her vows while she yearns for real happiness? Andrzej Zulawski finally reigns in his over-the-top tendencies to make a film I felt was worth watching, while still cutting loose for a couple crazy action sequences. I must concede that he always pushes former spouse Sophie Marceau further than other directors, and while her character can be frustratingly difficult to figure out, she remains compelling all the same. No grand revelations about the human condition other than happiness is merely an illusory defensive shield, but if you've watched Zulawski before you know that already. 2:40 is an extremely long time to delve into relationship and moral angst but I was involved enough that it went by at a relatively crisp pace, greatly assisted by some stimulating frame composition.

• Mar 22, 2013

The photography and cinematography are excellent.

The photography and cinematography are excellent.

• Oct 30, 2011

Recently I have watched the movie. I did not understand the movie but I enjoyed it.

• Oct 23, 2010

nothing speical with it. sometimes even incoherent. its a bit long and wanted to show different themes at once. but it made me sad. sometimes you shouldnt watch when You are not in good mood.

• Jun 22, 2010

La belleza de Sophie Marceu podria bastar para ver este film que es uno de los más rebuscados que he visto ultimamente, con elementos forzados (ej. secuencia de acción) con dialogos pretenciosos y confusos y con una historia que no cuaja y cae en lo cursi.

• Oct 24, 2009

A piece of art. Rich in detail and wonderful camera shots. Marceau is the chérie on top.

• Sep 13, 2009

Apparently too long with so many subtexts (as most French movies do). Some puzzling scenario/ scenes as French's typical emotion overwhelming sense practice. The over-the-top acting by Sophie Marceau & Pascal Greggory further worsen it. A decent film, if otherwise.

• Apr 24, 2009

too much at one time

too much at one time

• Jan 10, 2009

overall, i think it's an ok film. there's a lot of things i hated and a lot of little ones, i liked. sophie was good but the whole performance lacked cohesion and integrity. the script was also too much mess and there were too many random scenes and so the whole film was waaaay too long...