La Grande Vadrouille - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Grande Vadrouille Reviews

June 7, 2014
..."Tea for two and you for me..."
Louis DE Funès à son meilleur !
July 1, 2013
One of my favorite movies of all time... You might have to be European to fully get it, but I urge everyone to watch it anyway! Its funny, clever and a grand ol time from start to the credits.
June 30, 2013
Le classique des classiques de la comédie française avec les 2 monstres que sont bourvil et de funes
June 26, 2013
A quirky French film that's was quite a hit internationally & it's easy to see why.

The story of English bomber pilot crashing in Paris & trying to get back to England despite travelling through enemy lines.

The antics, places & situations they find themselves are hilarious & the film keeps quite a steady pace.

It's fresh & genuinely funny & unfortunately like other great French comedies American re made it to a disaster.
August 30, 2012
This is definitely not a "british war comedy" as reviewed above! Don't tell that to a french man since this movie is considered in France as a national treasury, a piece of national legacy! The two main actors are legends and the movie has been number 1 at All-Time french Box Office during 40 years.
½ August 20, 2012
I gave this movie 3.5 stars because it was funny, it was good but I have seen lots of the comical situations before. This is probably not the fault of the Director since this film was made in 1968 it may be the first to come up with some of the comical situations however I've seen them before so it was a bit old hat. The acting is good, the special effects are great for 1968 and it was entertaining though a bit long.
½ June 9, 2012
like many enjoyable comedic war films, this one takes extraordinary situations and plays them for laughs to great effect.
February 4, 2012
Ingénieux pour l'époque. de Funès toujours aussi drôle et intelligent... Bon moment de cinéma !
½ January 2, 2012
J' ai pas spécialement ri mais c pas mauvais. Je crois que j' avais vu que des passages jusque-là.
½ September 1, 2011
Some ingenious scheming conflict with plot holes and an unsuccessful comic tone.
August 10, 2011
Best French comedy ever!!
March 9, 2011
"Where the bloody hell are we? ... Calais, Calais?" Fab Anglo-French classic! Highly recommended :-)
September 30, 2010
The best comedy of all times!!
½ August 24, 2010
classic one, got recommended by my grandpa. xD
½ June 20, 2010
A funny Louis de Funes Comedy which play in the Nazi Occupied Paris where Louis de Funes help three crashed Allied Paratroopers
½ May 20, 2010
This is the best WW II Comedy Movie that I have seen.....Discover the best French comedien ever....Louis de Funes.
May 17, 2010
La meilleure de Funès et probably the funniest movie I've ever seen!!
½ May 10, 2010
The movie is perfect! Nothing to change: world class actors, excellent scenario, unforgettable dialogues...
½ March 29, 2010
Tout simplement classique et surtout à voir en famille ! Ce duo est imbattable !
½ February 16, 2010
Film sympathique mais on est loin de la comédie du siècle