La Leyenda De La Llorona - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Leyenda De La Llorona Reviews

May 9, 2015
What a strange kids movie this was. I'm not sure if it's a difference in culture here, but if I was a kid watching this, I would have some serious nightmares(especially when la Llorona shows her demon face). It gets pretty dark too, for example one scene showing a character almost getting quartered. As for the movie itself, it's actually pretty interesting. There's some silliness sure, because technically it is a kids movie still but yeah.. hard to imagine the kiddo's watching this here in this day and age.
February 21, 2015
Love it amazing story and entertaining for both kids and adults
May 17, 2014
Firstly, for a kid's movie, it's kind of awesome. They have a rather good portrayal of the famous Mexican legend, and there are plenty of sarcastic, and ironic bits for the older viewers as well.

It's a good watch for little kids, and even for early learners of Spanish, or for people who are kids at heart and enjoy Spanish.
October 29, 2013
For kids who are able to speak Spanish (yes I am bragging a bit) La Leyenda de la Llorona will be a fun if not maybe a bit to scary cartoon. The story of a ghost who walks Central and South America looking for her children who died years ago is a familiar story to Hispanics and this cartoon gives a scary but fun take on the legend. The subtitles are a bit off as far as translation goes so bilingual children will really be the only ones that enjoy it.
January 14, 2013
Great Animation, decent voice acting, memorable characters, and nice nods to culture. Writing is a bit too slapstick, but that's a plus for younger audiences.
December 30, 2012
My god what a hilariously bad movie! Everything this movie got wrong went right!
November 20, 2012
secuela de ``La Leyenda de la Nahuala´´ y al igual que la anterior la animación es de muy mala calidad.
September 11, 2012