La Luna - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Luna Reviews

½ November 10, 2015
Imaginative, whimsical, and fun.
September 24, 2015
The animation style was very much like the illustrations from a child?s book with simple lines, yet unique characteristics as well as colourful and eye-catching. The use of gibberish dialogue forces the viewer to perceive the dynamic between the three characters strictly by action, which was well utilized in this short. The use of objects such as the hat and cleaning tools was a clever way to express the arguments and resolution.

This is more a story of the arguments of two generations (grandfather and father) trying to raise another generation, the son, in different ways that they both think to be the better, with the son eventually finding his own way of interpreting tradition. Working the theme of next generational contention though a child-like contemporary folktale worked well with the moral being expressed.

A great little animation that kids and adults can appreciate.
May 22, 2014
Absolutely over the moon or this film!!!!
November 29, 2013
It was a funny, very creative and very entertaining Pixar animated short. It had fantastic animation, great characters, really well done music, really great visuals, great adventure, great humor and a very sweet story. It's one of the best Pixar shorts of 2012. I've seen this short movie before "Brave." I will recommend this short movie to Pixar fans of all ages.
November 16, 2013
A wonderful combination of animated imagery and music.
½ September 28, 2013
Here's a little gem :)
½ May 4, 2013
La Luna is probably one of the more middling Pixar animated shorts but it's still a strong effort.
February 26, 2013
Super Cute , gentle humor and great characters.The emotional touching story is very personal. A Must Watch
½ February 16, 2013
Cute, but not much more than that.
February 15, 2013
Gorgeous and heartwarming.
½ February 3, 2013
Adorable! Great shortfilm with an excellent ending and message for kids! Loved it!
ElCochran90
½ January 5, 2013
I ask for nothing more than creativity. Even spellbinding visuals aren't necessary. For some odd reason this felt more like something straight out of Shigeru Miyamoto's mind than from Pixar. Didn't bother me much; it created a micro-world, and that's big enough already.

67/100
December 14, 2012
Beautifully animated Pixar short. A magical coming of age tale.
December 13, 2012
Cute silent short flick that made me smile the entire time.
December 1, 2012
Absolutely delightful
November 24, 2012
An absolutely gorgeous short film. The story was cute and imaginative, but I just can't get over how pretty it was. I want one of those stars for myself!
½ November 5, 2012
Very well done short. The story of a Grandfather, father, and son is so amazing and is relatable to everybody. Pixar's shorts are as good or probably better them their full movies.
October 31, 2012
They say there's beauty in simplicity, and this short is no exception. Enrico has captured the essence of family and enclosed it in a box of fantastical bliss =]
October 12, 2012
My favorite Pixar animated short. Imaginative and sweet.
August 19, 2012
Beautiful animation, a little piece of art!