La Luna - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Luna Reviews

August 19, 2012
Beautiful short prior to Brave.
August 13, 2012
This Pixar short film was attached to Brave in the theaters. It is a fantastic little short, possibly one of my favorite ideas of any of these short films Pixar has created (I just love that Disney and Pixar are reviving the theatrical animated shorts business...it's great to get something a little extra for your ticket price and a brilliant way to test out new directors and animators). This one involves a clever little idea about a son learning the family business, which just happens to be sweeping all the crashed shooting stars on the Moon. The stars are the reason the moon glows, and they sweep them into the shape of a crescent. Clever little idea, and it has a pretty sweet family story as well. I'd love to see more from the Writer and Director of this.
½ August 1, 2012
Adorable! Great shortfilm with an excellent ending and message for kids! Loved it!
July 31, 2012
Another cute and funny Oscar nominated animated short from Pixar. The animation and story really does shine here.
July 26, 2012
Beatiful, inteligent, Pixar.
July 13, 2012
Just beautiful in every way.
July 7, 2012
Marvel. A beautiful treat for everyone.
June 30, 2012
An absolutely stunning short.
June 30, 2012
saw it before Brave, an absolutely beautiful short.
June 29, 2012
Great animation and a cute short story
½ June 29, 2012
(Pixar short before Brave) La Luna is visually stunning, but it's mainly style over substance.
June 26, 2012
Attached to 'Brave'...Loved this short film!
½ June 23, 2012
Very cute and imaginative but ultimately kind of pointless.
½ June 22, 2012
Cute and has some great animation
February 28, 2012
There is something beautiful about the setting and the visuals, and Michael Giacchino's music is excellent as always. It isn't as funny, however, as most Pixar shorts.
½ February 24, 2012
This is the Disney/Pixar entry in the Oscar nominated shorts this year. A young boy is taken to work with his father and grandfather. They don't agree on much but patiently show the boy how to wait for the moon to rise over their boat. An impossibly long ladder is pulled out of a box in the boat and the boy is sent up with an anchor. Turns out the moon glows because it is covered with little cute glowing stars and it is this family's job to clean the moon. It's just too adorable.
February 22, 2012
How the makers were able to conjure so many emotions and a real sense of caring for the characters in only 7 mins is pure genius. You'll love it.
February 19, 2012
Of course the pixar entry is the only one available on flixster.

Anyways, this was the last of the animated shorts that was shown, and it was a great one at that. It's easy to say that most of what pixar makes is genius, and they're shorts have never disappointed me, but overall, I have seen better from the studio, and this short is just good in comparison to their previous entries. I do find it amusing that this was nominated while as Cars 2 was not even touched. This was indeed a better film than Cars 2 was as a whole which is pretty sad, I guess. This will be the 2nd most likely to win for short animated this year or else the win due to that label.
February 17, 2012
Too cute. My vote for the Oscar! Will buy this as soon as it is available.