La Sconosciuta (The Unknown) (The Other Woman) Reviews

• Mar 24, 2018

um filme que não vai sair sua cabeça.tão cedo, belíssimo. è por estes filmes que gosto tanto de cinema...

• Apr 25, 2016

Tasokasta mysteeri thrilleriä, jonka viimeinen 30min vähän latistaa tunnelmaa olemalla melkoisen laimea odotuksiin nähden. 3 1/2p

• Feb 04, 2016

Viewed via a dvd on which the subtitles were not working. I only had beginner Italian and caught a few words here and there, but it was very easy to follow this riveting story about a woman trying to escape her past. Clearly the female lead was wonderful as she maneuvered her way into a new life with a particular mission. Kudos to the director using close up shots and flashbacks to convey a thriller/melodrama reminiscent of Sirk mixed with Hitchcock'.

• Oct 20, 2014

Somewhat confusing yet I couldn't stop watching.

Somewhat confusing yet I couldn't stop watching.

• Aug 03, 2014

When you watch a Giuseppe film you can pretty much be sure that it will be 2 or so hours of a mixture of storytelling. The Unknown Woman is not an easy film to set your eyes on, tornatore reels us in within the 1st 2 minutes, a line of 3 women wearing only masks, from that point on we have 2 hours of pure emotion, drama, and some perfect acting from all concerned. Once again Tornatore (who in my opinion still doesn't get the attention he deserves as a film maker) makes a film that will make you not want to move from your seat.

• Aug 23, 2013

Misleading but nevertheless compelling and stylish film--Engaging but contrived!!

• Dec 31, 2012

tale of a woman who is seeking her child and her very own existence. A GREAT suspense thriller

• Dec 27, 2012

A very average thriller from an acclaimed Italian director who made his name in comedy-dramas. The pacing was odd - the movie seemed to drag at times for no apparent reason, and the flashbacks were awkwardly placed. Perhaps if it was edited differently (and cut by some 20 minutes) it would have been much more effective. There were also too many plot holes, the story seemed contrived and relied way too much on coincidence.

• Oct 08, 2012

one of the greatest movie i have never seen before i like the sequence line of the story and adore the twist in the end of the movie. Tornatore is THE godfather of this piece

• Sep 18, 2012