La Vie de BohŤme (Bohemian Life) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Vie de BohŤme (Bohemian Life) Reviews

March 18, 2008
Joutuu arvostamaan Kaurismaen kunnianhimoa tehdessaan La Vie De Bohemen Pariisissa ja kokonaan ranskaksi. Kokonaisuutena ehka hieman hajanainen, mutta kolmen taiteilijan jokapaivaisen strugglauksen kuvaus on Kaurismaen rappioromantiikkaa parhaimillaan. Pellonpaa tekee uransa hienoimpia rooleja sympaattisena maalarina.
March 15, 2008
Great film. Melancholic,still a bit witty, it create an artistic atmosphere, for all those who reckon theselves as artists...
March 6, 2008
G e n i a l, Superve! a favorite.
Wont say anything else, have to see it!
March 4, 2008
I'm not familiar with the novel this is an adaptation of but it seems pretty faithful to what I'd expect a melodramatic tale of three down-and-out Parisian artists to be, with added Kaurismaki grim humour. I liked moments of it, and the way it both mocks and sympathises with the rather pretentious bohemians of the story. A strong role for my favorite Kaurismaki regular, Matti Pellonpaa, but maybe it was the shift to French language, or the innate pretentious tone that the film as a whole didn't quite work for me.
January 27, 2008
aki kaurismaki... sublime
January 25, 2008
Tyylikäs, hauska ja surullinen.
January 20, 2008
En av Kaurism√§kis absolutt beste. De tre bohemene er herlige i all sin ubrukelighet, og det minner meg sterkt om gamle dager. Glimrende svarthvitt. Kaurism√§ki har den unike evne at han b√•de er en utrolig effektiv historieforteller, samtidig som han tar seg tid til √• dvele ved detaljer andre regiss√łrer gir fullstendig blaffen i. Likevel lager han filmer som stort sett klokker inn omkring 70 minutter. Dette er et av de "episke" unntakene, hele 100 min!
January 9, 2008
Quiet, exceptional, wonderful, as usual in Kaurismaki...
January 8, 2008
Very best movie of Kaurismäki's filmography. Story of three hobos trying to get big and in the point of art in beautiful setting -Paris, France. Very moving and funny at the same time. Man (Pellonpää) takes a bone from his dog to make it a soup for his lover. 5 *'s
December 22, 2007
Still my favorite, movie art as I like it! Finnish director Aki Kaurismaki is working with some nice and basic light effects within the black and white setting of the movie. The old "Boheme" story nicely revamped!
November 19, 2007
One of the best finish films ever. Genial and painfuly funny, a tragicomical masterpiece.
November 12, 2007
*Desperately* want to see it.
November 6, 2007
Enough to drive a man to drink...
November 5, 2007
I'm all about the Kaurismaki. This movie asks us about what is really important in life, the individual life that we choose for ourselves, or the people with whom we share it.
October 31, 2007
Kaurismäki vie mukanaan
½ October 30, 2007
Matti Pellonpää forever!
October 25, 2007
Det var en gang tre finner i Paris; en komponist, en dikter og en maler. De drakk og sultet og bar seg og snakket veldig dårlig fransk.
October 19, 2007
A memorable masterpiece with a lovely warm feeling.
October 12, 2007
Den här filmen måste ses om minst två gånger per år. Roligare än så här blir det inte!
September 4, 2007
I have never laught so hard in the first ten minutes of a film,ever."Life`s hard and then you...beat the hell out of the taxidriver,or you throw a blinking policesirene into your piano while you play and scream "polizei "