Lady Bird Reviews

• 3d ago

An amazing story about a young girl finding out what her life means

An amazing story about a young girl finding out what her life means

• 4d ago

Yeah it's a good film, interestingly set in 2002 but I'm unsure why. It's another coming of age drama, all been done before, it's decent enough but unoriginal.

• Mar 28, 2021

Wonderfully acted, both by the lead Saoirse Ronan, who delivers a moving and believable performance, and also Laurie Metcalf. The story is fresh and engaging, though it tackles a theme that isn't entirely new. Beautifully filmed which allows the viewer to see the city through the lead's eyes. Attention to detail in this film is especially entertaining, as anyone who has lived in or been to Sacramento many times will recognize most of the locales. Worth your time.

• Mar 22, 2021

This is my official favorite movie, hands down. There's more to say about it than can fit in a review blurb.

• Mar 21, 2021

Some movie about nothing and nothingness, with some smiley moments. One star to Laurie Metcalf who always deserves five

• Mar 15, 2021

Totally original, funny and kept me intrigued the whole time!

Totally original, funny and kept me intrigued the whole time!

• Mar 11, 2021

The word that I felt throughout this one was "chemistry". Ronan seems to really have it with Gerwig and Chalamet (since they've worked together multiple times), and also really strikes an intriguing relationship with Metcalf. I think that the film captured the tumult of late teenage years really well without resorting too much to stereotypes that always seem to plague coming-of-age films like these. Instead of focusing on one aspect, Gerwig successfully incorporates friendships, romance, family, and home into the story, not an easy feat without a bloated runtime. This is not even mentioning that the comedy in the film is mostly splendid and maintains airs of both whimsy and severity to really make it a true comedy-drama. I do think that some elements of the conclusion were a bit melodramatic and shrouded proceedings slightly, but this is ultimately a very decent film built on a few splendid performances.

• Mar 08, 2021

this movies was a masterpiece!!' it really help me with a lot of problems i had at home especially with my mother, she was really controlling and didn't let me do anything i want, i needed to have her approbation for anything. But just after watch this movie, my whole perception changed, i thought that it was normal to have this kind of mother but just after watched it i understood that my relation with my mother was just toxic and i decided to not let me go by her, like i was her dog.. I also advised this movie to everyone !!! it's can be really change your whole life and personality especially for us, young teenager !! ;)))

• Mar 08, 2021

Aside from the personal fact that i watched this three times and cried, this is a wonderful tribute to parental love, especially if you're attuned to the complexities of mother-daughter relationships.

• Feb 25, 2021

I felt this whole movie was a hot take lol. I found every character oddly relatable. I enjoyed how deeply flawed each character was in their own unique ways. I loved that they didn't try to fix the things in life that can't be fixed. Great movie.