Lady in White - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lady in White Reviews

November 30, 2016
My group of friends and family have watched this movie as many times as we could. It is iconic to us. Thank you.
November 23, 2016
Love this movie. Classic ghost story told with love and care through an Americana filter...
November 21, 2016
We watch this film every year! What a great ghost story,, and picture of small town family life in the late 50's to early 60's. Really charming! A few scares and a lot of heart. I would strongly recommend it!
November 16, 2016
Awesome movie! Sticks with you.
November 16, 2016
Picture postcard perfect mix of nostalgia and - pardon my French - frissons. Frank LaLoggia proves that renaissance men still exist.
November 15, 2016
Great movie and filming location.
November 15, 2016
It's rare when one can combine Beautiful and Horror, without coming off
as ironic. But, it's true. Lady in White is one of my favorite horror
films of all time, much less the 80's. It was like Peter Straub's Ghost
Story and Harper Lee's To Kill A Mocking Bird had come together and
gave birth to this little gem. Lady in White is at its heart a
wonderful coming of age ghost story, about a square peg. It felt like
director Frank La Logia wrote this film just for nerds like me, because
we quickly identify with Lukas Haus' protagonist, and are drawn in and
feeling his peril to our core. Many of my personal favorite horror
films involve kids at the center, because most of us remember feeling
overwhelmed by the world as kids, and quickly identify with children in
peril. There are a handful of kids in peril films on my top list of
films, Cat O' Nine Tails, ET, The Goonies and #1 is Lady In White.
November 13, 2016
Classic! A moving and fully enjoyable film!
November 13, 2016
This was my favorite when it came out, and it still tops the list to this day. The style is classic, but still holds up to today. The comedic elements do not come of as campy.....like the running joke of grandpa getting busted behind the shed for smoking. Reminded me of my grandparents who were also Italian.

Proud to pass this underrated classic on to my kids.
½ November 13, 2016
Five stars. Absolutely love this movie. I watch it a few times every year. Not a slasher film but a great spiritual ghost story in the realm of Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Gift. Stupid star thing wouldn't let me put five stars but this film is wonderful.
November 6, 2016
This is an all time classic, scary movie! It's one for most of the family, yet intense enough for adults who love this genre! I loved this movie when it was released in the late 80's & love it still today! Frank LaLoggia is talented genious!
November 5, 2016
Lady in White is a must see movie. A very touching "sleeper hit" ghost story with a healthy serving of intrigue, flair, and suspense! A true American Classic which will forever stand the test of time!
November 5, 2016
This is one the best thriller-ghost films I have ever seen. It is beautifully photographed and the story itself will appeal to all audiences.
November 5, 2016
Nostalgic and entertaining wrapped in spooky!
November 2, 2016
A curious and fascinating mashup of classic ghost story tropes and the racial drama of To Kill A Mockingbird ends up being not just spooky, but emotionally satisfying as well. Young Lukas Haas carries the film incredible well with a incredibly warm turn by Alex Rocco as his father. It's not gory or terribly explicit, so this might be a great horror film for the family. Highly recommended.
November 1, 2016
Great atmosphere. While it suffers from some bland writing and dated camera direction, it's still a good story and I find the acting charming. It's also creepy in a way that I appreciate.
October 28, 2016
Essential Halloween viewing. Beautiful film that deserves to be shown every Halloween!
½ October 28, 2016
Best Halloween Movie ever!
October 22, 2016
A great family Halloween Treat
October 21, 2016
My absolute favorite ghost story of all time! Funny, sad, and scary all in one! I watch it every Halloween, and sometimes, I watch it because I miss the characters, and want to be in their world for awhile!