Lady J (Mademoiselle de Joncquières) Reviews

• May 26, 2020

it was about lies and truth and the value of being truthful in a world that is full of lies. I think. I gave it a three star rating because even though it was well- made, i found it depressing that making movies about lies and cruel games is the most substantial food we can find right now to feed our souls with. Like, is this really all that we want? We are capable of so much more as human beings. I liked the girl that the Marquis ended up marrying though, she really inspired me to practice being more truthful. And that there is value in being truthful, even if the people around you don't recognize it.

• Apr 28, 2019

This film would have been even better if the male lead was better cast. The actor in the role just wasn't the dangerous sexy rake that he was supposed to be. He wasn't particularly charming too so it was a stretch to believe women would fall for him. The lead actress was excellent and dominated all her scenes. It was an enjoyable film but was flawed by the miscasting of the male lead.

• Apr 06, 2019

Honestly, that was the end? Women are fucked no matter what? All men are assholes? Honestly

• Mar 22, 2019

I Love a Costume drama With biting dialogue and foils. Fave dangerous liaisons but this was more like pretty woman and male gaze of redemption for a prostitute with heart of gold. Made the female protagonist a shrew while redeeming the Unfaithful cad. And the ending was undeserved

• Mar 22, 2019

Splendid! The end is very romantic and emotional.

Splendid! The end is very romantic and emotional.

• Mar 22, 2019

I enjoyed watching this convoluted tale, and there was an interesting twist at the end.

• Mar 22, 2019

Beautiful film. I loved everything about it.

Beautiful film. I loved everything about it.