Ladybugs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ladybugs Reviews

½ May 4, 2016
A boy plays dress up to impress a girl and help his mom's boyfriend get promoted. It's predictable and goofy but it somehow entertains.
½ March 11, 2016
Man, this movie is even cheesier than I recall. It's somehow totally obvious and yet totally preposterous at the same time. But there are a few reasons to watch if you ever happen to catch it on light-night cable. First, Rodney Dangerfield is always worth a look. Every line of dialogue he has is invariably a one-liner. In LADYBUGS, most of those one-liners are embarrassingly forced, but every once in a while he comes up with a good one, well-timed. Secondly, Jonathan Brandis- who has since died a tragically Hollywood, drug-related death- is actually pretty good. He was one of those rare child actors who could actually hold his own. He's natural and not nearly as annoying as you would think.
½ March 1, 2016
An entertaining sports comedy with Rodney Dangerfield as a soccer coach. (First viewing - Teen years)
½ October 20, 2015
For Rodney along it gets a 3 & 1/2.
August 30, 2015
I really liked ladybugs where Rodney Dangerfield plays a salesman while trying to get a promotion says he an expert in the game of soccer but really isn't and ends up being the coach of a of a girls soccer his company sponsors jackee gives a reasonable performance as dangerfields admin assistant and assistant coach and Ilene graf gives a good performance as dangerfields fiancée
February 16, 2015
Far from Dangerfield's best work, but worth a watch.
August 29, 2014
This is a fun family movie. One you can turn your brain off and enjoy
July 16, 2014
Best Movie of the 90's
May 3, 2014
Great Rodney Dangerfield is for ages 12+
April 27, 2014
I loved this movie as a kid but watching it as an adult is pretty damn disturbing! I called my 9 year old over to watch it with me, thank god she wasn't interested and left the room several minutes into the movie. I totally forgot how many extremely inappropriate sexual references there were in this movie! This movie is definitely not for kids. RIP Rodney Dangerfield & Jonathan Brandis.
April 18, 2014
This was one of my childhood oddities. It was one of those films I remember watching a lot as a kid. Simply because Rodney Dangerfield was in it and because it had a very goofy premise. The whole film is rather ridiculous and desperate, but Rodney is able to hold the film well with his classic witty one-liners. Sadly the movie fails tremendously due to it's slightly creepy edge that pertains to having a boy dress up as a girl in order to help a fledgling soccer team regain it's former glory. Still it has it's moments of Dangerfield inspired humor. Except if you're looking for some of his naughty stuff I'd suggest checking out Meet Wally Sparks or My 5 Wives.
½ January 2, 2014
Yet another example of a movie I liked as a kid but wouldn't like as an adult.
½ July 11, 2013
Classic Rodney Dangerfield!
May 14, 2013
We all have our own guilty pleasure, most of them we never admit to, however I will admit one now. I have loved this movie ever since I was a kid. Now that I've watched it as an adult, I can admit that it is one terrible movie, but it still had me laughing as hard as I did when I was 10 years old. In Ladybugs, Rodney Dangerfield plays a salesman who is asked to coach his company sponsored, girls soccer team, but he had no idea what he was in for. The other coaches are ruthless, the parents are insane, and worst of all his team is terrible, so what is a comedian to do? He gets his girlfriends, athletic, 14 year old son to dress up as a girl and join the team. The son is played by teen heartthrob Jonathan Brandis, who I became a huge fan of during the show Seaquest DSV. Brandis was absolutely hysterical as the teenage son, playing a teenage daughter. Some of his lines, along with his interactions with Dangerfield are pure comic genius. As for Dangerfield, while he was a legendary stand-up comedian, he was a terrible actor. The next logical step for a great stand-up comic is acting, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and while Dangerfield has some pretty funny lines, he is one of the worst acting comedians I have ever seen. The story here is a unique and interesting one, in a context that is most definitely not meant for younger kids. There are some funny lines and more laughs to be had at the ridiculousness of the situation, but besides that, this is not a great movie. I gave it an even rating, but when it comes to this film, I am biased by my admiration for the late Jonathan Brandis and my fondness for this film I have loved, since my childhood.
½ May 6, 2013
Typical Dangerfield one-liners.
February 24, 2013
It made me almost want to go for soccer.

Almost.

But that was mostly in hopes that Jonathan Brandis would come along.
February 16, 2013
Funny movie, dont listen to the critics.
February 4, 2013
I miss Jonathan brandis :(
½ October 12, 2012
Contemporary masterpiece. Respect.
August 23, 2012
LadyBug's is best described as Cheesy. But if your like me and enjoy slap-stick Comedy or Ghoonish sillyness, this is for you!
Rodney Dangerfield as the off beat stepfather and politically incorrect soccer coach. Is so desperate to do right, he does everything Horrible wrong. Jonathan Brandis (my childhood crush and most memorable for The never Ending story 2). Is the talented but chemically imbalanced stepson who's empathy get's him unwillingly involved in a scandalous situation.