Lagerfeld Confidential Reviews

• Aug 24, 2015

Can I sue for worst title ever? There is absolutely nothing confidential to be seen in this amateur doco that would probably have been more acceptable had it been titled Lagerfeld In Transit. A wasted opportunity as superficial as the world it attempts to depict. Recommended for die-hard Lagerfeld fans only. Zero insight but lots of car and aeroplane rides, pop a champagne and pretend you are there?

• Feb 21, 2015

awesome doc and another lost review.

awesome doc and another lost review.

• May 18, 2013

Funny, informative, illuminating and interesting . . . not unlike himself.

Funny, informative, illuminating and interesting . . . not unlike himself.

• Apr 10, 2013

Karl Lagerfeld, master fashion couturier and current head of the House of Chanel, is one interesting individual; a full-length documentary exploring his day-to-day activities and psychology would seem like a brilliant idea. However, after watching "Lagerfeld Confidential," I was left confused and unsatisfied, like a hungry man given a dry cracker to digest. Lagerfeld is naturally a personal man difficult to interview, but this documentary keeps everything confidential, and does little to elicit interesting tidbits from his life and secret success recipes at Chanel.

• Mar 16, 2013

Made me love Karl so much more <3

Made me love Karl so much more <3

• Aug 22, 2012

smoke and mirrors obscure this portrait of the Kaiser.

smoke and mirrors obscure this portrait of the Kaiser.

• Jul 15, 2012

[2012.07.15 DVD] i can do documentary better than this...

[2012.07.15 DVD] i can do documentary better than this...

• Aug 25, 2011

With such a fascinating icon as his subject, it baffles me how Marconi managed to cram details of Lagerfeld's love of construction and white-out into his precious 90 minutes instead of inviting us into a world that so few of us get to experience. His questions are bland and even Lagerfeld can't come up with more than a few minutes of insightful conversation. Unfortunately, Fashion Television has more intimacy than Lagerfeld Confidential.

• Jan 27, 2011

by Philip Herbert for remotegoat on 24/10/07 If you know nothing about fashion or Chanel or the man himself; KARL LAGERFELD this film is still worth seeing as an insight into the world of a successful some would say iconic figure who re-invented the Chanel brand in 1983. This documentary shot by Rudolphe Marconi begins in his untidy, unruly flat amid hundreds of books and magazines, a dozen ipods, a huge bed and our star (Karl) nowhere to be seen. Slowly an ambling figure emerges with hardly a flicker of recognition for the camera or it seems the film maker. We see backstage preparations, scribbled designs with felt tips and tippex - which he always signs- a gaggle of seamstresses,pattern cutters, sequin stitchers and assistants to answer to his every whim. We see his constant on and off of private planes and in and out of chauffeur driven cars and every door opened for him - he does not carry keys. He is grateful to his staff and admits he has the ideas (which he says come in his dreams) but which his workers bring to life. He is not shy about his sexuality so obviously gay as illustrated by his choice of beautiful male models. He is all in favour of prostitutes and admires their work "people need relief or they become murderers". The ending lacks drama and some might say the film is too long (hence my 4 star rating) but perhaps the drama is the man himself. Self made, no qualifications a lifestyle that many would aspire to but few could carry off. He is only upstaged by Nicole Kidman on the catwalk runway and at a fashion shoot and even she seems in ore of him. It's all in French so subtitles of course so take your glasses if you sit at the back. He admits he is not really interested in reality and my favourite line was "lets not talk about six months time - we might all be dead". How old is he anyway? Worth seeing for his jewellery alone - a ring on every finger and bracelets to match and sunglasses on for his gold jacket bought at Dior.

• Sep 05, 2010

exploring Karl's personal life in a boring way.

exploring Karl's personal life in a boring way.