Lake City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lake City Reviews

½ November 12, 2013
Movie Info is incorrect.
July 23, 2013
2013-07-23 very well acted. but writeup above is bogus. Hope isn't Billy's wife, just an ex fling who had his kid years ago and just told him a few days ago. and the mother and son don't join forces for the purpose of saving the house - that isn't a plot factor at all.
August 10, 2012
The heck with the reviews...I enjoyed the movie.
July 4, 2012
i love it i thought it was wonderful and i love Sissy Spacek's Performance vary much!!!!!!!=D
June 23, 2012
Well, Dave Matthews is cast as a tough drug dealer, and Rebecca Romijn is a sheriff. And that's just the beginning of the problems with this "film". Troy Garity sucks so hard that he makes Nicolas Cage look talented! And his character in one scene needs help refilling his brake fluid, and in a later scene he takes apart his car engine and then puts it back together! Some fast learner he is! The "story" moves along so slowly that I literally felt drugged, though I've been sober over 7 1/2 years. Re naming this "Lake Shitty" would be a promotion!
May 15, 2012
great all star cast bring this 2 life
April 25, 2012
A story utterly devoid of originality...Troy Garity the Black sheep of the family on the run from drug dealers goes back home to hide out and ends up dealing with the long ago 'family tragedy' that he accidently killed his kid brother how many fucking times have we seen this plot..the only upside is Dave Mahews dies.
March 9, 2012
A good film ... I liked it so much ... Its a visually beautiful film with a good plot, music and really good leads. Those filmmakers really did some great job in this film .. good plot and great visual aspects. good job. I really liked it.
March 9, 2012
August 25, 2011
it was ok I love Drea De Matteo
July 20, 2011
A great drama. There was a level of intensity that ran throughout the movie that strangely kept me on edge, even though it really wasn't a thriller.
½ June 26, 2011
Emotional raw well played drama that really shows its indie side. Troy Garity, Spacek and the rest of the cast are incredible. I had never even heard of this movie before coming across it on TV.
April 10, 2011
Ive always been a Spacek fan-the older she gets the better in my opinion.
She doesn't disappoint in this somewhat slow moving, tense drama playing a mother that has lost a child and unable to deal with the fall out it has produced. Troy Garity is the son whose guilt over his brothers death has eaten away at everything in his path. Coming to terms with his alcoholism, his drug abuse and the son he just found out he had drives him back home to finally deal with the pain-and his mother.
½ January 17, 2011
You know you're movie is in trouble when Dave Matthews plays the most convincing bad guy. =)
½ October 24, 2010
Plays out mire like a Lifetime movie, however the performances here were very fine and the ending was quite exciting. Troy Garity and Sissy Spacek star as a mother and son trying to rebuild their relationship after many years apart after the death of his younger brother; and his subsequent years of alcoholisim. He arrives back at his childhood home with his son after his girlfriend gets involved in a drug deal gone bad. Both touching and exciting.
August 15, 2010
Never really builds or creates a compelling storyline. A third rate TENDER MERCIES or any number of Southern neo-Gothic tragedies.
March 7, 2010
Although Lake City plays like a Lifetime movie, the cast is strong and the performances are gripping. The plot may be tried, but it is true. Going home and finding love and redemption.... A nice and touching film.
½ February 25, 2010
Blah. Pretty uninteresting. Got distracted most of the movie. Dave Matthews....stick to the Dave Matthews Band. Sissy Spacek was the only interesting part of the film...but she couldn't save it. I'm even writing this review before the film is done...cuz I'm kinda bored. It's just pretty thin of a film.
February 11, 2010
I wanted to see this mostly because Dave Matthews was in it and I thought it'd be better than it actually was. Turns out Dave plays a bad dude. It kind of drags in the beginning...but I guess after awhile it isn't so bad. I'm not going to tell you what happens to Dave..but it was rather sad. haha
January 30, 2010
a story utterly devoid of originality...Troy Garity the Black sheep of the family on the run from drug dealers goes back home to hide out and ends up dealing with the long ago 'family tragedy' that he accidently killed his kid brother how many fucking times have we seen this plot..the only upside is Dave Mahews dies.