Lake Placid 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lake Placid 2 Reviews

½ September 18, 2012
This is by far some of the worst cgi effects I have seen, I actually thought it was made 1997 and not 2007 mostly because of the effects, having not seen the first Lake Placid and not knowing of its release year. This film is shockingly bad and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless of course you are having a bad movie night. In that case this film can probably create some laughs for you and some friends.
September 10, 2012
BOTTOM LINE: My uncle insists on having me sit through these crappy SyFy movies in the hopes that I'll find a good one. Guess what? "Lake Placid 2" was released straight to DVD, it has one instantly recognizable cast member (Cloris Leachman), and it's a piece of shit. 'Nuff said.
September 2, 2012
Lake Flaccid 2 is nothing more than typical SciFi Channel garbage with the worst CG I've seen since...well since the last SciFi Channel movie.
½ August 2, 2012
For a B horror movie, it had all of the necessary elements: Obvious CG, topless secondary characters (two scenes, three models!), cute female leads (that usually DON'T get naked).
July 25, 2012
It was okay. I liked it because I didn't see the first one and the concept was new to me. Now looking back, it certainly had alot of faults
July 22, 2012
l really love the movie!!
June 22, 2012
Lake Placid 2 is probably as borderline retarded as anyone could reasonably expect a sequel to Lake Placid would be. Basically, this is a Sci-Fi Channel movie with a franchise name attached to it. The damn thing could have been called Dino Croc and nobody would have noticed the difference. You get pretty much what you expect from movies of this sort; lousy visual effects, a few token breasts thrown in for the sixth graders who talked dad into renting it, a paper thin plot, and actors looking to make a quick buck. The sad part of all this is that Cloris Leachman's Sadie Bickerman is more well-developed than Betty White's crazy old bat in the original film. If you're in the mood to watch a giant croc tear shit up, go rent Rogue, because LP2 manages to even fuck up the gore. Oh sure, there are trademark shots of missing arms, and a nice decapitation of one REALLY annoying character towards the end, but it's all done in such a poor, haphazard manner that I didn't really give a shit. When the crocs appeared to me to be Colorforms attached to the print, I knew I was in for a looooong movie. Sure, animal attack film aficionados typically don't care how bad a movie is as long as it features a few animal attacks, but this is just garbage.
½ June 14, 2012
This is lame follow-up to "Lake Placid"....this time the acting is at best mediocre, the script awful and the computer graphics exceedingly poor.....if the budget was a tenth of "Lake Placid" it is still a poor excuse for the production company... not worth watching even if you loved the first movie....
½ June 10, 2012
Total piece of shit. Awful. It... you... can...

Okay, deep breaths... phew. Okay, now I will say it out loud.

THIS IS A CREATION OF A 4 YEAR OLD KID! This! Is madness! Totally fucked up, wasted, money spent, ass-rape, monkey-fuck, retard dipshit movie! I WILL NEVER WATCH THE 1 AND 3!
June 6, 2012
Hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
Worst..CGI..Ever. Even Anaconda is more convincing.
½ April 22, 2012
pretty bad but so bad i want to keep watching but at least the first was better no point for this
April 6, 2012
With today's technology B horror films need at least a little bit of real looking special effects. This is worthless in every aspect.
½ April 5, 2012
stupid, makes the original seem like Rogue.
its entertaing but slow, and quite poor looking.
how cloris leechman agreed to be in this i will never know
March 24, 2012
It was a lot better than I thought it would be, but it's not as great as the first one. The characters aren't too bad and there is some decent humor, but not like it was in the first film. A lot of the acting is pretty bad and and some of the dialog is corny, but it has some good monster scenes. Most the CGI is terrible though.
March 17, 2012
Cloris Leachman's zany sister to Betty White's character from the first Lake Placid saves this from being a total bust... but it's still not very good.
March 7, 2012
Every thing that could have gone wrong in the first film, goes wrong in this film.
March 6, 2012
A very uninteresting sequel.
February 26, 2012
This movie has blood.....nudity...great horror movie
January 28, 2012
Only reason that this film is even closely good to watch is just to see John Schneiders acting cause other than that everything else in this movie sucks.
January 28, 2012
Well this was a bad sequel.